Software Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Comparethemarket Com
Comparethemarket Com urgently required following position for Software Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Software Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Comparethemarket Com Jobs Details:
- Emphasis on project work & varied tech stack
- Flat team structure with a focus on empowering engineers
- All levels of competency, experiences and skill diversity considered
To support business growth, you will join Compare the Market’s well-established IT department of 20+ Engineers, working on existing platforms and implementing new technologies and features. We run cross functional teams in small batch / big batch cycles that last 8 weeks, have front and back end specialisation-based chapters and have dedicated DevOps and QA Engineers. You will play a crucial role to bring your knowledge and experiences to the chapter meetings and deliverables within the IT Department.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven commercial experience in a similar position;
- Understanding of the software development life cycle;
- Version control and branching strategies, such as; GIT and master/features; and
- Relevant specialisation experiences, as listed below.
Frontend specialisation experience:
- Understanding of browser performance constraints and how to mitigate them, such as; optimisation, tuning/page weight, resource loading and caching;
- Developing responsive websites, such as; Breakpoints, flexbox and media layouts;
- CSS Pre/Post-processors, such as; Less, Sass and PostCSS;
- Build tooling, such as; NPM, Yarn and Gulp;
- Experience writing unit and component tests, such as; Jest and Enzyme; and
- Query languages and API’s, such as: GraphQL and RESTful.
Backend specialisation experience:
- Understanding of Design Patterns, such as Singleton, Factory and MVC;
- Understanding of microservices and distributed architecture;
- Understanding of security principals and technologies, such as; OAuth2, JWT and Spring Security;
- Creating/implementing API schemas for internal and external teams to consume;
- Consuming APIs from 3rd parties, such as; Rest and Soap;
- Working with strongly typed languages; such as Java and Go;
- Database design and syntax, such as; MySQL, Postgres, MSSQL and Oracle; and
- Build tooling, such as; Maven and composer;
- Writing unit and load tests, such as, JUnit, Mocha, jMeter and Gatling; and
- Scalability testing to ensure that applications behave nominally under production loads.
- AWS technologies, Docker and Kubernetes, NoSQL, Continuous Integration and Deployment automation.
Who are Compare the Market:
Since launching in Australia in 2012, Compare the Market has become one of Australia’s most loved comparison websites. Their 200+ employees work towards helping Australians make quick and easy purchase decisions about a number of important financial products; from insurance to credit cards and home loans.
- Individual training budget for industry related up-skilling, such as; online courses, books, seminars, events, etc, available after probation;
- Enjoy additional leave days - ‘ME Day’, ‘Volunteer Day’ and the option to purchase an additional two weeks annual leave;
- Entertaining social and community activities including; our annual celebration, family fun days and regular activities and events;
- Discounts on car, home and travel insurance, as well as a broad range of goods and services (including gym memberships, accommodation, dental care);
- Income protection insurance provided to support you in the event of non-work-related illness or injury, after six months of employment; and
- Study support (up to 50% of tuition fees for relevant courses) and professional membership reimbursement, after 12 months of employment.
If you are seeking a new challenge and would enjoy the opportunity to work in a growing and changing business, click on the APPLY NOW button and submit your application.
Compare the Market welcome and value diversity in the workplace.
*A note from Compare the Market to recruitment agencies: We politely ask that you avoid making any approaches or sending any unsolicited resumes to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Leaders across our business. Compare the Market is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.