Senior Internal Auditor Jobs Vacancy in Ergon Energy Brisbane
Ergon Energy Brisbane urgently required following position for Senior Internal Auditor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Internal Auditor Jobs Vacancy in Ergon Energy Brisbane Jobs Details:
- About Us
- Our Future
- Our Commitments
- Contact Us
Coming together for the future of energy
- Jobs List
- Job Search
- Job Alert
- My Profile
- My Applications
- My Forms
- My Emails
- My Tests
- My Interviews
- My Details
135740 / 135741 - Senior Internal Auditor
- Brisbane, Rockhampton, Townsville
- PM2 ($111,766 - $145,134)
- Exciting opportunity available to join Energy Queensland
The Energy Queensland Internal Audit team are currently offering one permanent, and one fixed 12 month term, Senior Internal Auditor role based in either Brisbane, Townsville or Rockhampton.
About Energy Queensland Internal Audit
As part of Energy Queensland’s governance framework, Internal Audit provides an independent appraisal and advisory function for management and the Audit Committee by assessing controls governing strategic, operational, financial and legal risk exposures. Our services support Energy Queensland in achieving its goals and objectives in alignment with the risk appetite of the Board.
Within the Internal Audit team, the Senior Internal Auditor provides independent professional advice to management in relation to the efficiency and effectiveness of control systems (policies/procedures/procedures) via conduct of Internal Audits as scoped by the General Manager and Internal Audit Manager.
This role is responsible for supporting the Internal Audit Manager in the provision of advice and guidance in response to ad-hoc queries from the Audit Committee, management and operational staff in relation to matters associated with internal control, financial integrity, ethics/integrity, compliance, risk management and other relevant issues.
Critical to your success in this obtaining one of the roles offered will be your experience and capability in the practice of internal auditing. Additionally, you must demonstrate highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with colleagues and business stakeholders. As Senior Internal Auditor, your ability to influence employees at all levels of the organisation to facilitate change and improvement will be essential, as will your:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business field (accounting, economics, or finance);
- Desirable – Professional membership or certification of an appropriate professional body (eg. Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA), Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Certified Internal Auditor (CIA);
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal control, COSO Framework, risk management practices, AIFRS accounting standards and auditing standards;
- Proven capability and proficiency in internal audit practice and experience in conducting internal audits;
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills with timely problem escalation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to work in a small team to tight deadlines including the utilisation of liaison, negotiation and resolution skills while developing and maintaining positive working relationships.
Remuneration will be subject to an assessment of the successful applicant’s knowledge, skills and competencies that are required in this position. Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Energy Queensland Union Collective Agreement 2017.
Applications close: 11.00pm (AEST), Monday 22 October 2018.
How to apply
To commence your application click on Begin, below to proceed.
You will be required to respond to behavioural questions as part of your application process.
You are required to attach a current resume, and include the names and contact numbers of two business referees and a one page cover letter which highlights your experience and suitability for the role.
Energy Queensland values the differences individuals contribute to our workforce and encourages a diverse range of applicants to apply.
You will need a valid email address to apply. If you do not have a valid email address you can set up a free email account at internet sites such as Yahoo (www.yahoo.com) or Hotmail (www.hotmail.com)
Click here to view Position Description Opens in new window
How to apply:
- Start your application by clicking the "begin" button.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- Preview Application Form Opens in new window