Senior Project Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Bae Systems Edinburgh
Bae Systems Edinburgh urgently required following position for Senior Project Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Project Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Bae Systems Edinburgh Jobs Details:
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
To meet the needs of our growing business, we welcome applications from experienced Senior Project Accountants.
As a Senior Project Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and reviewing project specific monthly reports and reviews, variance reporting versus prior forecasts and budgets and project reconciliations
- Overseeing Foreign Exposure (FX) management and hedging to minimise FX exposure
- Overseeing and reviewing contract change proposals and subcontract change proposal pricing
- Coordinating and assisting in the preparation and review of the annual budget, five year integrated business plan and monthly re-forecast
- Coordinating finance inputs into the quarterly estimate at completion process
- Operating, maintaining and improving budgeting and forecasting processes for the project
- Overseeing project billing and subcontractor payments including price variation
- Ensuring a robust project accounting system is implemented and maintained
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) qualifications
- An excellent work ethic and positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to engage with stakeholders including senior managers
- The ability to work autonomously as well as within a team
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to gather, understand and analyse data
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Brenna Ryan, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html