Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Head Teacher Creative & Performing Arts - Elizabeth Macarthur High School
Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900088141
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $131,142.00. This position attracts a base salary of $118,315.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Elizabeth Macarthur High School
Principal Network Macarthur
Staffing Area Campbelltown
Contact Name Meagan Morrissey
Contact Phone number 46461899
Closing Date 29-May-2019
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Elizabeth Macarthur High school is a partially selective high school in the Macarthur Principal Network with a school enrolment of 1285 including 67 Aboriginal students and 20% EALD. The school has a strong connection with primary and high schools through the Macarthur Trade Training Centre and Community of schools 2567. The school has outstanding HSC and NAPLAN results due to a commitment to Quality Teaching and a consistent learning platform through 4matt, Glasser, Gerric and 8Ways of learning. The schools mission statement is "Shaping the future by pursuing excellence and creating boundless opportunities". This can be seen through, not only the strong academic results but also through thriving extracurricular programs such as Creative and Performing Arts, Agriculture, sport, debating and international competitions. The schools motto is Respect, Responsibility and Pride.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
1. Strong knowledge and application of differentiated programming and assessing in a partially selective High School.
2. Ability to enrich student learning and engagement through designing and leading extra curricular programs, which promote genuine partnerships across the wider school community.
3.Demonstarted ability to lead a diverse faculty through highly developed interpersonal skills.
4. Demonstrated skills and capacity in working as a dynamic member of the school executive team to lead and evaluate initiatives including school strategic directions.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
ConditionsAn unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.
The Eligibility Requirements for Head Teacher Positions in NSW Government Schools are located at https://www.det.nsw.edu.au/policies/employment/recruit/head_teach/Eligibility2004.doc
Applicants are to include details of their WWCC clearance number as part of this application.