Industrial Electrician Leading Hand Thorley Workshop Jobs Vacancy in Westrac Hunter Valley
- Industrial Electrician Leading Hand Thorley Workshop
- Hunter Valley NSW
- 26 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
Westrac Hunter Valley urgently required following position for Industrial Electrician Leading Hand Thorley Workshop. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Industrial Electrician Leading Hand Thorley Workshop Jobs Vacancy in Westrac Hunter Valley Jobs Details:
About the opportunity
WesTrac is seeking an experienced and results driven Industrial Electrical Tradesperson to Lead our Service team currently working at Mt Thorley workshop. Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor- Electrical, you will be responsible for leading the electrical team in conducting overhauls and repairs of Caterpillar underground mining equipment to AS3800 standards and customer specifications. There will also be an opportunity for further training in line with Surface Product Line Electrical repairs requirements.
What we’re looking for
As the successful candidate you will possess the following skills:
- Trade qualifications
- AS/NZS 4761 competency for repairing and overhauling Explosion protected equipment - For Ex d, (Flameproof Equipment) and Ex i (Intrinsically safe) - Group I
- Competency to AS/NZS 4761 Clause 2.8 and (desired) 2.20
- Experience in repair and overhaul of the above techniques and installation
- Familiar with appropriate standards and publications. AS/NZS 3800, MP 87.2, ISO 9001-2008, AS/NZS 60079.14, AS/NZS 2381 series
- Extensive underground mining industry knowledge
- Sound knowledge and experience in Longwall equipment and systems (Caterpillar or similar)
- Advanced Diagnostic Skills
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills (including Microsoft Project)
- Strong Safety orientation
- Full drivers licence
- Forklift License.
- Overhead Crane Competency
- Knowledge or Room and Pillar equipment and systems
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world's leading Caterpillar Dealerships. Operating in NSW, ACT and WA, we supply equipment solutions to thousands of customers across the mining, construction, transport, forestry, agriculture and power generation sectors. At WesTrac our primary focus is our people. We know that our success is the result of more than 3,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes. Now, as we look to the future and our goal of becoming the first choice in equipment solutions, we're more focused than ever on harnessing the best talent for our business.
This is a challenging yet rewarding role with a competitive salary package on offer based on your experience. WesTrac provides company funded income protection, salary packaging options, corporate private health plan, and a Fitness Passport allowing access to over 200+ gyms and pools at discounted rates. If you believe you have skills and experience to make this role a success, please apply via the link, or for further information please contact the Recruitment team on 1300 797 028.