Towage Operation Officer Newcastle Jobs Vacancy in Maersk Newcastle
Maersk Newcastle urgently required following position for Towage Operation Officer Newcastle. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Towage Operation Officer Newcastle Jobs Vacancy in Maersk Newcastle Jobs Details:
- Work in a fast-paced and structured operations centre
- Develop your customer service skills in the maritime industry
- Fixed-term full-time opportunity in Newcastle, NSW
Making Australian Ports Safer & More Efficient
Part of the Maersk Group of companies, Svitzer continues to be a global market leader within towage and marine related services. At Svitzer Australia, we utilise a modern fleet of over 100 vessels, servicing 28 ports and terminals around Australia and PNG, and we are proud of our contribution to the Australian community.
We currently have an opportunity for a committed and enthusiastic East Coast Operation Officer to join our team in Newcastle NSW, and contribute to the delivery of a high standard of customer service to stakeholders across our operations on the East Coast.
Our Customer Service Centre operates from our office located at the Port of Newcastle in Carrington, Svitzer is the biggest operator in the port with our fleet consisting of 10 tugboats, East Coast operation centre provides towage operations to 12 ports in the East Coast of Australia
Reporting to the Head of East Coast Operations Manager this position offers the successful candidate an initial three-month training period across a 7-day roster consisting of 8 to 12 hour shifts (including morning, afternoon, night & weekends). Followed by a fixed term 12-month contract of 12hr shifts in a roster rotation consisting of day shifts and night shifts.
Svitzer Australia is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and creating an inclusive and supportive work environment, where all employees are valued and inspired to achieve their personal and professional goals. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, women, as well as other diversity groups in the community.
- Monitor and accept tug bookings and changes for all the operations and inform relevant stakeholders (crew, customers, authorities)
- Allocate and schedule crews and tugs in accordance with relevant enterprise agreements and operating procedures
- Effectively communicate with customers, crew and authorities on all booking requests and changes
- Perform data entry of all booking information into relevant systems for invoicing purpose
- Record usage of crew for tug bookings and prepare information for payroll purposes
- Assist the local management team with adhoc duties as required
We are looking for
- Demonstrated experience in scheduling resources and/or personnel in an operational environment
- Excellent communications skills with demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure, particularly in emergency situations
- A strong degree of initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Intermediate skills in MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Availability to work 12-hour shifts on a roster that consists of days, nights, weekends and public holidays
- Experience in an operation Centre in a similar industry is highly desirable
- Experience in the maritime or logistics industry
- Experience in interpreting and working in accordance with enterprise agreements
- Previous experience in Maritime or scheduling role is preferred
Excellent computer, multitasking and time management skills, efficient in Microsoft Office applications and professional.
As part of our recruitment process at Svitzer Australia, successful candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical assessment including drug & alcohol screening.