Teacher Aide Cleaner And Schools Officer Grounds Mistake Creek State School Jobs Vacancy in Queensland Government Rockhampton
- Teacher Aide Cleaner And Schools Officer Grounds Mistake Creek State School
- Queensland Government
- Rockhampton QLD
- 08 Jul, 2018 30+ days ago
Queensland Government Rockhampton urgently required following position for Teacher Aide Cleaner And Schools Officer Grounds Mistake Creek State School. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Teacher Aide Cleaner And Schools Officer Grounds Mistake Creek State School Jobs Vacancy in Queensland Government Rockhampton Jobs Details:
Please note the above pay scales are combined from all three (3) vacancies. These are three (3) individual positions that can be filled by a single applicant or by 3 sepearte applicants.
Mistake Creek State School was established in 1983 and is a small multi-level state school situated approximately 70km from Clermont on the Clermont-Alpha Road. Our successful curriculum has a central focus on the implementation of the Australian Curriculum. Due to the small number of students, the distinctive features within this design include knowing and understanding each student, to develop differentiated learning to challenge and extend skills and knowledge in a caring, supportive classroom environment.
As Teacher Aide, the successful applicant will have a specific focus on providing a high level of support for teaching and learning through working with existing classroom teachers, teacher aide and administration officer.
Main Duties include:
- Promotion of classroom programs and skills;
- High level classroom support for all learners;
- School and community based events, online events;
- Management of Library - books/ shelves/ ICT equipment/ quality of cleaning;
- Purchasing and Processing of new student reading materials;
- Processing and maintenance of teacher reference area of library;
- Training in Library access skills - students and staff;
- Managing Library based software and processes, including stock take, write-offs, returns;
- Commitment to ongoing learning in both roles;
- Other duties as required by supervisor/s.
Main Duties include:
- Cleaning, sanitizing, sweeping and vacuuming all areas within the school;
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment;
- Disposal of rubbish and litter control including removal of material from drains and gutters between and/or surrounding buildings;
- Hosing outdoor areas;
- Locking and unlocking buildings;
- Liaise with Principal/Business Services Manager concerning purchase and/or replacement of cleaning materials;
- Reporting security, safety, damage concerns to the Principal/Business Services Manager or Schools Officer (Facilities and/or Grounds);
- Other appropriate cleaning duties as directed by the Principal/Business Services Manager.
Main Duties include:
- Responsible for a range of day to day activities that include maintenance of school ovals through regular mowing, watering and soil maintenance (refer to Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) guidelines and procedures); lawn and garden maintenance, including regular weeding and the use of appropriate insecticides and fertilisers where necessary (refer to WHS guidelines and procedures); plant, water and care for trees, shrubs, gardens; and undertake general maintenance of grounds care equipment such as mowers, brush cutters, tractors (as per manufacturers' service manuals) and arrange regular services.
- Ensure compliance with WHS requirements including maintenance of a safe work environment; safe storage and handling of chemicals, fertilisers and fuels;
- Assist with a range of duties that include coordinating the removal and/or disposal of rubbish as required (does not include emptying of bins in agreed eating areas);
- Attend to/or arrange repairs and maintenance within the school, including those which relate to fences, paving, gates and irrigation; swimming pools (e.g. maintaining proper water quality, testing water, keeping records of tests, adjusting/adding chemicals as consistent with occupational, health and safety (WHS) guidelines and procedures);
- Order and/or collect general grounds care/cleaning supplies and materials as authorised by the Principal, Business Manager or nominated delegate; undertake ground improvement and enhancement activities; and prepare, mark and take general care of all outdoor sporting facilities (e.g. basketball, netball and tennis courts, cricket pitches, track and field areas).
- Work in the field laboratory where there is a junior agricultural course and an agricultural assistant is not employed.
- Other duties, consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the position as directed by the Principal, Business Manager or nominated delegate.
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page cover letter outlining why you are interested in this role.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.