Security Officer Jobs Vacancy in Compass Group Australia Brisbane
Compass Group Australia Brisbane urgently required following position for Security Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Security Officer Jobs Vacancy in Compass Group Australia Brisbane Jobs Details:
- Great Development Opportunities
- Top 10 Global Employer
- South Brisbane location
From small private hospitals to the largest public health campuses, our broad range of service solutions include catering, retail, facilities management, cleaning services and even security and help desk. At Compass Group, we provide the non-medical services that keep Australia's healthcare facilities in top shape.
Our security brand Omega Security Services is currently seeking to appoint experienced casual Security Officers to join our team at Queensland Children's Hospital. The role is responsible for the provision of effective, efficient, and responsive security services across the whole hospital campus. Due to the nature of the work environment, you will be interacting with patients, visitors, staff and contractors on a daily basis. As such, you will be a confident communicator and will be able to respond to queries in a professional manner. The position is based on a 24/7 rotating roster.
- Patrol areas of the hospital and providing customer service to public and healthcare staff.
- First line responsibility for responding to alarms
- Responding to plant and equipment faults and
- Responding to incidents, including conducting restraints
- Report any security related incidents, hazards or unusual occurrences
- Provide First Aid when required
- Compile the daily occurrence/incident log and conduct appropriate handover
- Compile periodical Security Audit Reports, as well as ad hoc reports as required
- Providing support to the healthcare teams in ensuring safety issues are appropriately responded to, reported and resolved
- Security Officers Certificate II/III Security Operations
- Current QLD Security Officer (Unarmed) (Monitoring) and Crowd Control Licence
- Minimum two years' hospital/healthcare or similar security experience (preferred)
- Current First Aid Certificate and CPR
- Current open and unrestricted QLD driver's licence and own transport
- Demonstrated skills in de-escalating and negotiating with emotional and volatile persons
- Unrestricted availability to perform a 24/7 rotational roster
- Superior customer and client service skills
- High standards of presentation and grooming
- Computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft office and in-house systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and within a team environment
- Ability to make sound judgements and work safely adhering to Omega Security and Client policies and procedures
Applicants will also need to be willing to undertake and successfully complete:
- Working with Children Check
- Client Inductions and site training
- Specialised children’s healthcare security training
- Vaccinations relevant to the health sector
- Pre-employment functional assessment
We place great importance in looking after our people and offer excellent career opportunities including opportunities anywhere in Australia (or the world) where we operate, corporate health plan discounts, a range of discounts and special offers with our preferred benefit providers, learning and development opportunities including traineeships and apprenticeships, service awards and reward and recognition programs including our annual Star Awards.
So, if you are a 'can-do' person, who thrives on new challenges; likes working in a team within a diverse environment; and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then you'll fit right in and we'd like to have you on our team.
Advertised: 11 Dec 2018 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 31 Dec 2018 E. Australia Standard Time