Bushland Field Officer Jobs Vacancy in Ring Gai Council Gordon
Ring Gai Council Gordon urgently required following position for Bushland Field Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Bushland Field Officer Jobs Vacancy in Ring Gai Council Gordon Jobs Details:
- Salary $50,169.60 - $58,181.24 p/a + super
- Bushfire management, fire trail and walking track maintenance experience
- 38hr week - 9 day fortnight
Located 16 km's north of the Sydney CBD, the Ku-ring-gai area covers 84km2 , is home to 124,000 residents and set in one of New South Wales' most attractive natural environments.
Council is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the role of Bushland Field Officer.
Supporting the Team Leader, this role will see you assist in the conservation and maintenance of the Ku-ring-gai environment and bushland area in accordance with Council policies and guidelines.
Your duties will include fire break, fire trail and walking track construction and maintenance, conducting hazard reduction burning, tree removal and weed control. You may also be required to assist in bushland restoration activities.
This opportunity would ideally suit candidates who are flexible and cooperative team players, with a commitment to ensuring safe, yet efficient operational standards on a daily basis.
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Appropriate qualifications from a nationally recognised training provider relevant to bushfire management (eg. Rural Fire Service Bush Firefighter (BF) or NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service Crew Member qualification)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current White Card Certificate
- Current MR Driver's licence or willingness to undertake training to obtain
- QF3 Chemical Handling certificate or willingness to undertake training to obtain
- Chainsaw operator's certificate or willingness to undertake training to obtain
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to address all Essential Criteria as listed within the Position Description to be eligible for an interview.
Like to know more? Please contact Travis Roberts – 9424 0401
Closes: 11:45pm, Monday 15th October 2018
Ku-ring-gai Council is an equal opportunity employer