Administration Support Officer Vpsg Jobs Vacancy in Victorian Government Melbourne City Centre
Victorian Government Melbourne City Centre urgently required following position for Administration Support Officer Vpsg. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administration Support Officer Vpsg Jobs Vacancy in Victorian Government Melbourne City Centre Jobs Details:
Two (2) full time, fixed term (until 30/06/2020) positions available.
The role is working within the Road Policing Drug and Alcohol Section of Victoria Police, to provide support to the Operations Unit.
The Operations Unit is responsible for maintaining and deploying the 'Drug and Alcohol' bus fleet (booze buses) and targeting drivers impaired by alcohol or other drugs. The Operations Unit is supported by the Technical Unit which manages the administrative functions and also provides and services all of the Breath Testing equipment.
- Two (2) full time, fixed term (until 30/06/2020) positions available.
These positions will join our expanding team and provide administrative support. These positions will report directly to the Senior Sergeant, and subsequently to the Inspector in charge of Operations at the Road Policing Drug and Alcohol Section.
Your duties will include:
- Undertaking administrative tasks and functions to create reports for management teams.
- Providing administrative support and accurate record keeping.
- Opening, recording and distributing incoming/outgoing mail.
- Preparation of meeting agendas, minutes, briefing notes and presentations.
- Attend to PBEA (email inbox) and telephone enquiries from Victoria Police members and Victoria Public Servant (VPS) employees, members of the public and other Government agencies.
- Data entry and being accountable for the maintenance of data and spreadsheets.
- Conducting audits on systems and processes with view to improve business.
- Preparing for the arrival/departure of New Police Victoria Police Constables at the Operations Unit.
- Routine financial administration process petty cash and personal expenses; raise purchase orders; book accommodation and travel; and purchase catalogue items to maintain stores and equipment.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated administration and reporting experience and capability, including the ability to achieve objectives within tight timeframes, and actively engage stakeholders.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills with the ability to deal effectively with both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Experience in using IT applications and data-bases such as the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to maintain relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, negotiate the resolution of administrative issues, and contribute and cooperate to achieve positive workplace outcomes.
- Ability to work by direction as well as autonomously on your own initiative and be self-motivated and drive.
- Ability to effectively and flexibly operate in a dynamic and diverse working environment.
Requirements and relevant information:
- The position is located at the Police Complex at 20 Dawson Street Brunswick, Melbourne Victoria.
- Relevant work and/ or academic history will assist to demonstrate aptitude.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
Your application must include:
- Completed application form - attached to this job advertisement.
Applications close midnight, Wednesday 19 September 2018 - No applications will be accepted via email.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Senior Sergeant Jacob Paulka on (03) 9380 7219 or Jacob.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact VPS Recruitment via email VPSRECRUITMENT@police.vic.gov.au.
Victoria Police is a large organisation employing police, public servants and protective services officers. Victoria Police provides support to the community 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
At Victoria Police our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to attract and retain a diverse workforce which includes people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Find out what it is like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au