Field Service Technician Jobs Vacancy in General Electric Springfield
General Electric Springfield urgently required following position for Field Service Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Field Service Technician Jobs Vacancy in General Electric Springfield Jobs Details:
The Field Service Technician is responsible for performing the scheduled maintenance, field modifications and installations on a variety of Critical Care equipment. Initial target equipment consists of systems such as anesthesia, patient monitoring, central stations (networked monitors), incubators and ultrasound. The role will be responsible for meeting the ongoing maintenance requirements of customer’s equipment and driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
Key Responsibilities/essential functions include:
- Working with experienced field service engineers on basic troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and service repair needs on designated equipment.
- Completing Level 1 and Level 2 work - Preventative Maintenance and Functional Management Inspections.
- Ordering and managing repair parts cycle times.
- Maintaining customer service logs and internal service records/reports in a timely manner.
- Communicating effectively with customers to ensure issues resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining tools and test equipment properly, ensuring that they are calibrated according to schedule.
- Meeting Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Working with experienced field engineers to ensure service delivery processes comply with GE Healthcare policies.
- Utilize escalation processes to resolve customer service delivery issues and conduct root cause analysis to inform more effective problem solving.
- Working collaboratively as a member of a team to provide efficient service delivery to all customer accounts within assigned area.
- Demonstrate the ability to independently manage Level1/Level2 customer service calls engaging broader engineering support as required.
- Assist with Insite connectivity of systems and verify with Online engineer
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
- Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
- Ensure timely dispatch/jobs closure
- Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI’s) within prescribed timeframe
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
- Ask for mentorship & guidance in order to ensure compliance with all of the above.
- Certificate III in Electronic Engineering or equivalent trade
- Relevant licenses as required by Federal or State Legislation (eg: Electrical Licenses, Radiation License) and Work Cards (eg: White Card)
- Electrical, Electronics or Biomedical Engineering Technology Degree would be highly regarded but not essential
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
- Good understanding of IT with Windows/Servers and netwroking
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Experience servicing Biomedical, mechanical and/or electronic equipment
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
- Customer service experience with an ability to communicate technical issues in an easy to understand manner
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills / customer relationship management abilities
- Ability to show self-initiative & motivation
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- High work standards and quality.
- Proven personal time management and reasoning skills.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: Australia; Springfield Central