Electrical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Bluescope Steel Wollongong
Bluescope Steel Wollongong urgently required following position for Electrical Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Electrical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Bluescope Steel Wollongong Jobs Details:
- permanent position
- fantastic opportunity within BlueScope’s Plate Mill
- become a key asset within the BlueScope Steel Supply Chain
Who are we?
BlueScope is the most technically advanced supplier of steel and steel products in Australia and New Zealand. We are an inclusive organisation and every day we showcase our technology and expertise right throughout the world.
The Plate Mill is a key asset in the BlueScope Steel Supply Chain that provides a range of plate product into the domestic market. The Plate Mill business is entering an exciting period with best ever cost performance and is a leader in promoting and implementing a diversified workforce.
What is the role?
This is a great opportunity for a problem solver to develop their expertise to analyse and deliver improvements in plant process and plant process control systems. Utilising your people skills to influence, coach and mentor, this role will be a significant contributor to the Plate Mill’s business success. As well as;
- Deliver continuous improvement to safety and operations in line with the department’s business plans;
- Develop expertise to provide technical direction to maintain plant and equipment;
- Lead significant projects, down days, and short shutdowns; and
- Ensure alignment of maintenance activities to support the business including strategic development, budget management and effective and compliant maintenance documentation.
- minimum tertiary qualifications an electrical engineering degree;
- extensive experience in planning, organisation and management principles of maintenance preferably in a heavy plant environment;
- experience in problem solving /root cause analysis and reliability improvement;
- demonstrated ability to effectively influence and build relationships with key stakeholders;
- demonstrated ability to input to strategy development and plan & execute maintenance tasks; and
- an understanding of current maintenance practices and Manufacturing Excellence models.
Salary will be determined on skills, qualifications and experience with the prospect to access further development and career opportunities.
This is a visible role where you can put your technical and continuous improvement skills on display!