Ward Clerk Orygen Youth Health Inpatient Unit Jobs Vacancy in Victorian Government Melbourne
Victorian Government Melbourne urgently required following position for Ward Clerk Orygen Youth Health Inpatient Unit. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Ward Clerk Orygen Youth Health Inpatient Unit Jobs Vacancy in Victorian Government Melbourne Jobs Details:
- Part Time, 24 hours per week
- Located in Footscray
- Provide professional and patient focussed customer service
Life With Us:
Orygen Youth Health (OYH) is a world-leading Youth Mental Health Program providing specialist mental health services for young people aged between 15 and 25 years of age who reside in the western and northwestern regions of Melbourne.
Our innovative clinical program is comprised of three parts: Acute Services, Continuing Care, and Psychosocial Recovery. Our skilled multidisciplinary teams, composed of psychiatrists and mental health clinicians, deliver evidence-based mental health services to a growing catchment area that receives 4000 referrals per year, from which 1000 young people are accepted for care.
We are dedicated to working with young people and their families to ensure optimal mental health outcomes. We are driven to improve the understanding of mental health issues in young people and to promote the capacity of services and the general public in supporting young people.
We are proud to be closely connected with Orygen, the National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health.
This position is based at Footscray in our Inpatient Unit
A Job to Be Proud Of:
- Deliver professional and caring customer focussed service, often as the first point of contact and communication for patients, their families and visitors
- The Ward Clerk is responsible for the clerical and receptionist duties of the ward/department, coordinating the physical and telecommunication traffic throughout the area, the maintenance of patient records and the accurate data transmission of patient movements
- Under the direction of the Nurse Unit Manager, the Ward Clerk is required to undertake duties specific to the particular ward/department
- This position entails liaising with nursing, medical and ancillary staff, hospital departments, patients and their significant others and the public
- Highly developed customer service and interpersonal skills
- Relevant clerical and administrative skills
- Concise written and verbal communication skills, including professional telephone manner
- Relevant clerical experience and administrative skills
- Computer skills, including accurate keyboard skills, use of Word and Excel
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Professional presentation and demeanour
- Demonstrated team player with an ability to work as a team member in a multidisciplinary environment
- An ability to accept direction
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to prioritise workplace demands
- Motivation and commitment to ongoing development
- Able to work in a busy environment and under pressure at times
- Demonstrated flexibility and reliability
- TAFE accredited clerical training certificate (inclusive of iPM)
- Experience working in clerical role in an Acute Psychiatric Inpatient Unit
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of CMI, and iPM data bases
Our Commitment to You:
- Reward & Recognition Programs
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; Staff Gym, staff health service, peer support program and Employee Assistance Program
- Rich opportunities for professional development, training and research
Connect With Us:
Get to know us at www.nwmh.org.au or click ‘Apply Now’.
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.