Student Support Officer Jobs Vacancy in Chisholm Institute
Chisholm Institute urgently required following position for Student Support Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Student Support Officer Jobs Vacancy in Chisholm Institute Jobs Details:
This position is accountable for delivering support across the Student Support and Engagement area to enrich the student experience and positively impact student engagement, support and social connectedness, providing a holistic, wrap around support service to Chisholm Students.
The role focuses on providing reception duties and tier 1 support by responding to enquiries accurately and in a timely manner and handling confidential information sensitively, to facilitate effective support of student via numerous channels. The role also undertakes a range of administrative activities and project support, providing high-level support across the Student Support and Engagement team.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Establish and maintain key relationships with business areas and external vendors to ensure resources reflect the needs of course delivery.
- Provide reception duties and tier 1 support across various channels, responding to enquiries accurately and in a timely manner and handling confidential information sensitively, to facilitate effective communication flow;
- Confidently engage with students via various channels to connect with Student Support services, linking student with the appropriate support person or service;
- Share insights with the broader team and delivery units on issues impacting the overall student experience;
- Using various media, promote opportunities for students to engage across all campuses of the Institute and ensure the development and distribution of Student Services promotional material;
- Continually engage with the team and Manager regarding opportunities for system or process improvements;
- This role will focus on providing a high level of administrative advice, professional support and service as well as responsibilities for any allocated activities and projects;
- Conduct accounts receivable/payable tasks
- Prepare reports, statistical data and spreadsheets for planning and reporting purposes;
- ABOUT YOU
You will have relevant post-secondary level qualification and/or experience; or lesser formal qualifications with substantial experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
Crucial to your success will be your demonstrated experience delivering appropriate information and advice to individuals, taking into account individual circumstances and resources available.
You are a motivated, organised individual with strong teamwork skills and high levels of professionalism. With demonstrated experience problem solving and working in complex organisation structures, you will support student learning outcomes through effective ongoing support.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position closes 9am April 12 2019
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
- valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- certified copies of qualifications and transcripts
Ph: 03 9212 8159
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.