First Aid Attendant Support Level Range Jobs Vacancy in Victorian Government Melbourne
Victorian Government Melbourne urgently required following position for First Aid Attendant Support Level Range. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
First Aid Attendant Support Level Range Jobs Vacancy in Victorian Government Melbourne Jobs Details:
Plenty Parklands Primary School is a place of learning.
- Our students, staff and community learn and are cared for in an environment that reflects our school values and Quality Principles.
- Our students are creative and discerning thinkers with the skills, knowledge and personal attributes to contribute as global citizens.
- Our school promotes and fosters individual and team excellence.
- Value is added to each child’s life through our interdependent partnership between parents, staff, students and the community.
Our VALUES areA FAIR GO FOR ALL – I live by Australia’s tradition of democracy and freedom. I live in harmony and am open minded to diversity.HONESTY – I tell the truth, even when it is difficult.RESPECT – I treat others as I would like to be treated, with kindness and courtesy.TRUST – I am responsible and do the right thing.CARE – I am kind to others and am considerate of their feelings.PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENT – I put in my best effort, individually and as a team member, by being persistent, resilient and responsible for my learning and behavior.
The teaching profile in 2019 is – 3 Principal class, 4 Leading Teachers, 1 Learning Specialist and a range of experienced teachers. We also have 14 Education Support staff.
In 2019 we will review our current School Strategic Plan as part of the process of developing our next School Strategic Plan.
The school is moving towards an inquiry model of learning linked to our Quality approach and the Gradual Release of Responsibility for students. We adopt a forward thinking approach to curriculum development and delivery so that all students will be engaged in a curriculum that prepares them for their future.The school provides an extensive range of co curricular activities including biennial concert, biennial dance, school choir, school band, Tournament of Minds, community projects, Prep – 6 camping program and extensive sporting activities.
The school community has a diverse ethnic population with 31 nationalities represented. Parents are keen that their children are happy and do well at school and are very supportive of the school programs.
Please visit our website to find details of our Quality Principles and Child Safety Policy.
We are seeking someone who shares our vision and is committed to the health and wellbeing of our students.Please ensure you include referees and all contact details in your application.Please be aware that as part of the process we may contact people other than those listed in your application.
Responses to the Selection Criteria not to exceed 3 pages.
SC1 Capacity to undertake routine support tasks across a range of functions in one or more work areas within a school environment.
SC2 Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively with members of the school community including students and the capacity to provide support and/or attendant care to students where necessary.
SC3 Demonstrated proficiency in the use of office systems, software or technical equipment as relevant to the position.
SC4 Capacity to work cooperatively with a range of people including teachers, education support, students and parents.
SC5 A commitment to professional learning and growth.
Undertakes routine tasks that are usually carried out under close supervision and direction. Work that carries some degree of independence will generally involve a limited number of tasks performed on a regular basis where priorities are clear, procedures are well established and direction is readily available.
Work has little scope for deviation. Problems can usually be solved by reference to well documented procedures and instructions and clearly established practices. Deviation from established procedures will require reference to others for guidance and direction. Assistance is readily available when problems arise. An experienced employee at range 1 will exercise limited judgement within clearly defined guidelines and well established practices that relate specifically to the tasks performed.
Does not carry responsibility for the work of others. More experienced employees will provide basic guidance and advice to others relating to tasks within the work area.
An education support class position supports the educational services being provided to students, but must not include duties of teaching as defined in clause 2.6.1 of the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 (Vic) or its successor. Supervision of students cannot be required except where it is an integral part of the employee's position or involves supervision of students individually or in small groups, in controlled circumstances, where the responsibility for students remains clearly with a teacher.
Qualification requirements do not operate at range 1. Certification requirements may be required to legally perform specific tasks - e.g. driver's licence, first aid, safe food handling.
- Undertake clerical and keyboard duties in support of the school first aid administration function.
- Provide document preparation support within the first aid role.
- Maintain, enter and retrieve first aid data from the schools computer system.
- Prepare straightforward correspondence according to school procedures (e.g. sending out form letters).
- Prepare inventories and requisitions for first aid.
- Maintain first aid supplies and room.
- Check for simple inaccuracies in forms and correspondence such as spelling, punctuation and spacing.
- Liaise and meet with parents as required.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Principal organise staff first aid professional learning to meet legal requirements.
- Select and use equipment in accordance with school procedures and manufacturer's instructions.
- Receive enrolment documentation and record first aid data.
- Undertake appropriate professional learning.
- Assist in the exchange of information between the community and the school.
- Assist with the liaison and communication between parents, teachers, other staff and members of the wider school community.
- Maintain confidentiality of student and family health records and information.
Individuals with the aptitude, experience and/or qualifications to fulfill the specific requirements of the position.
The Department values diversity and is committed to workforce diversity and equal opportunity in schools and all education workplaces. The Department recognises that the provision of family friendly, supportive, safe and harassment free workplaces is essential to high performance and promotes flexible work, diversity and safety across all schools and Department workplaces.
Victorian government schools are child safe environments. Our schools actively promote the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all school staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm in the school environment, in accordance with their legal obligations including child safe standards. All schools have a Child Safety Code of Conduct consistent with the Department’s exemplar available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/health/protect/Pages/childsafestandards.aspx
The Department’s employees commit to upholding DET’s Values: Responsiveness, Integrity, Impartiality, Accountability, Respect, Leadership and Human Rights. DET’s Values complement each school’s own values and underpin the behaviours the community expects of Victorian public sector employees, including those who work in Victorian Government Schools. Information on the DET values is available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/workm/Pages/Public-Sector-Values.aspx
- Successful applicant must have a high level of skill and understanding of children with ongoing health issues, and a Level 2 First Aid training to join our school community.
- This is a part time support position at .39 EFT being 15 hours a week; 12 to 3.00pm each day.