Technical Development Manager Jobs Vacancy in Nine Entertainment Sydney
Nine Entertainment Sydney urgently required following position for Technical Development Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Development Manager Jobs Vacancy in Nine Entertainment Sydney Jobs Details:
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers. As the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Lifestyle, Entertainment, and Sport, we pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want, while celebrating our ability to give the shared experiences to audiences, the ones which connect us together. Living at the intersection of Australia’s best content, conversation and culture, Nine is Where Australia connects.
Our business operates in the following four divisions: free-to-air television, digital publishing, video-on-demand (advertising and subscription) and content production.
You will join the Publishing Technology Team who are responsible for the websites in Nine’s digital publishing network such as nine.com.au, 9news.com.au and Wide World of Sports and the 9Honey women’s network, as well as the core services that support them such as the CMS and the AWS infrastructure they are built on.
We are seeking a Technical Development Manager to join our Publishing Technology team.
You are a capable technical leader with good mentoring and stakeholder engagement skills. You are always looking to push technical innovation by using the latest technologies and championing strong development practices to build and support technical solutions with a long life. You are confident in discussing complex technical concepts with your technical peers and are able to articulate them in a simple and clear manner to business stakeholders.
- Liaise with technical partners, internal and external stakeholders, and third parties.
- Gather technical requirements for different products, also to ensure smooth roll-out and integration of projects.
- Have great mentoring skills, to guide and grow technically strong individuals, being able to give them acute feedback to help them in their technical challenges, whilst still giving them freedom to innovate their own ideas.
- Be an advocator for full stack automation
- Be an advocator for test driven development
- Support production systems - we advocate DevOps and believe in 'you build it, you support it'
- Research and suggest new techniques & technologies that may be beneficial
- Coach and provide technical mentoring to other developers within the team
- Monitor team productivity and act as a technology evangelist when required to initiate change within the team
- Communicate and enforce coding standards
- Champion the implementation of sound architectural principles across multiple products
- Liaise with technical partners and third parties to ensure smooth roll-out and integration of projects
- Experience in Agile development
- Proven leadership experience
- Expert technical experience in .Net
- Expert technical experience in AWS cloud technology and architecture
- Strong experience with service-oriented architecture and RESTful web services
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI)
- Experience with defensive coding practices to address common security vulnerabilities
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with large scale, high demand, high availability web environments
- Sitecore experience
- Continuous Integration