Senior Research Associate Jobs Vacancy in University New South Wales Sydney
University New South Wales Sydney urgently required following position for Senior Research Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Research Associate Jobs Vacancy in University New South Wales Sydney Jobs Details:
Work type: Fixed term / Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Senior Lecturer, Lecturer, Tutor / Associate Lecturer
Clinical Practice Lead, National Centre for Clinical Research on Emerging Drugs
Senior Research Associate
- One of Asia-Pacific’s leading research-intensive Universities
- Strong regional and global engagement
- Cutting edge facilities and equipment
- Location Sydney NSW Australia
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty have staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW including Albury/Wodonga, Wagga Wagga, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie.
The National Centre for Clinical Research on Emerging Drugs of Concern (NCCRED) is a new national entity that seeks to embed research in clinical practice. It aims to support clinicians to detect and respond to new drug health problems by building clinical research capacity and rapidly translating findings into clinical practice. The Centre will work together with partners to drive innovation and excellence in the treatment of methamphetamine and other emerging drugs of concern.
The Centre is made up of a consortium of the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC), acting as lead agency, St Vincent’s Health Australia (SVHA), the National Drug Research Institute (NDRI) – Curtin University of Technology, and the National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction (NCETA) – Flinders University.
The Clinical Practice Lead will be responsible for leading the Centre’s Knowledge Translation and Clinical Excellence program of work.
This role reports to the Director (NCCRED) and has no direct reports.
About the role
- $103 - $122k p.a. plus (9.5% superannuation and leave loading)
- 18 months Fixed Term position with possibility of renewal
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Implement a program of work assessing evidence for clinical guidance materials and best practice models for the treatment of methamphetamine use disorder, identifying and filling gaps.
- Disseminate guidance through effective strategies, including through a web platform, webinar and podcast series, and conducting of training and education, where indicated.
- Lead the Centre’s Clinical Research Workforce Development Strategy.
- Build partnerships, and coordinate and mobilise a network of clinicians and researchers, to guide and engage in the work of the Centre.
- Together with the Clinical Research Lead, implement a multi-disciplinary National Mentoring and Fellowship Program.
- Develop a work plan with the Director, Clinical Research Lead and Project Officer, implement the work plan according to timelines, and manage budget.
- Ensure hazards and risks are identified and controlled for tasks, projects and activities that pose a health and safety risk within your area of responsibility.
- Registered nurse, psychologist, social worker, pharmacist, medical or other health practitioner.
- A PhD or Masters qualification or equivalent in drug and alcohol research or education, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable experience in research translation and training to clinical audiences.
- Proven ability to proactive interact, collaborate and network with internal and external stakeholders at all organisational levels.
- Proven ability to work both independently and constructively in a clinical setting.
- High level organisational skills and proven ability to deal with multiple tasks, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to relate to stakeholders from all backgrounds.
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures.
You should systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
You may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
All candidates who wish to apply for the role must apply online
T: 02 8382 1012
Applications close: 11:00pm 19th October 2018
Advertised: 19 Sep 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 19 Oct 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time