Administration Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Campbelltown City Council
Campbelltown City Council urgently required following position for Administration Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administration Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Campbelltown City Council Jobs Details:
About Campbelltown City Council
At Campbelltown City Council, our employees are passionate about working with the Community, local business, neighbouring Councils and Government agencies to deliver a quality lifestyle for its people. We are always looking for talented and dedicated team members to help deliver our key initiatives.
As a Campbelltown City Council employee, you will relish the atmosphere, where the values of customer focus, leadership, integrity, teamwork and respect are lived each day. It is truly a family friendly environment that offers a great work-life balance. The role is also offering some great employment conditions that include training and professional development opportunities.
About this position
Working within the Development and Compliance department, you will part of a small dynamic team that provides support to a diversity of areas including planning, building and regulatory services. In this role, your duties will include but won’t be limited to:
- Responding to incoming phone calls and direct calls to relevant staff as required
- Providing administrative support to Development Officers, Inspectors and Managers within the Planning Services Department
- Maintaining databases related to various areas including animal management and fire prevention.
- Assisting in the preparation of correspondence relating to development assessment or policy
- Assisting with the preparation of information relating to property searches
- Compiling and distributing relevant documentation related to development approvals
- Undertaking other office duties (e.g. including filing, records management, mail and microfilm searching)
We are committed to work as a team to deliver exceptional customer service therefore; we are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Previous experience in a customer service, administration or general office position (desirable)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Superior organisational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting deadlines
- Proficient computer skills (in particular Microsoft word and excel) and other business software packages such as CI and ECM.
- A basic knowledge of the role local government and Council Administrative functions (desirable)
This full time, 12 month fixed term position is classified as a Level 2 under the City of Campbelltown Indoor Staff Enterprise Agreement No 8, 2015 and relevant Award.
To be eligible to apply for this position you will need to supply a copy of any qualifications, licences etc. upon request. To be successful, a candidate will also be required to complete a pre-employment medical and submit a police clearance.
How to apply
If you are looking for a career with interesting and challenging work, and you want to contribute to the community, click ‘Email Application’.
Applications close on the 4th October 2018. Please note: Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Further enquiries can be directed to the People and Culture Advisor on (08) 8366 9222.
Campbelltown Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to Work Health and Safety and Diversity.