Operations Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Bluescope Steel Bohle
Bluescope Steel Bohle urgently required following position for Operations Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Bluescope Steel Bohle Jobs Details:
- hands-on role, guide operations & warehouse activities
- focus on safety, people, quality & improvement
- opportunity for further career development in BlueScope!
Who are we?
BlueScope Flat Steel Products is about innovation, inspiration and strength through our products and services. We and our customers design, manufacture and create flat steel products that find their way into our everyday lives. As part of BlueScope–Australia’s largest steelmaker–we are proud that our innovative products support Australian business in varying industries.
Our busy Bohle branch operates two shifts a day, five days a week and we are looking for someone to join the team as the on-site Operations Supervisor.
What is the role?
Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position will offer key guidance in the areas of safety, people, quality, training and governance. It will encompass teams in both day shifts (6:00 am – 2:00 pm) and afternoon shifts (2:00 pm – 10:00pm). Work hours will rotate between shifts and rotation frequency will be discussed on a per-candidate basis. This will see you:
- ensure that processing and logistics activities adhere to company and safety standards;
- coordinate work schedules to meet customers’ product orders and deliveries;
- connect with the Branch Manager and sales and customer service teams to support activities in operations planning;
- achieve operational and business goals collaboratively for the site (e.g. safety, cost, productivity, DIFOT, maintenance and performance management);
- conduct standardisation and operational cross-skilling; and
- complete projects as required by the business through continuous improvement.
Who are we looking for?
No experience in the steel industry is required. You should be enthusiastic, take pride in your team’s shared work and possess the following attributes:
- exposure to an operations and/or logistics environment;
- interpersonal communication skills with the ability to cooperate with and influence others;
- passion for identifying and implementing avenues for process improvement; and
- training/qualification(s) in OH&S or management.
What are the benefits?
- working hours from Monday to Friday;
- a competitive remuneration package;
- the chance to participate in the Branch Incentive Scheme; and
- further development and career opportunities at BlueScope.
We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.