Mine Controller Jobs Vacancy in South
South urgently required following position for Mine Controller. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mine Controller Jobs Vacancy in South Jobs Details:
South32 are seeking an experienced Mine Controller to join the GEMCO team. Reporting to the Mine Control Supervisor you will work in conjunction with the Mining Supervisors to allocate mining equipment in real time to ensure that production is optimised to achieve the daily plan and the lowest unit cost. The Operator Dispatch also captures and ensures the integrity of mine production data and serves as the central communication hub for the mine.
- Optimise Mining fleet to ensure delivery of daily production targets;
- Development & Execution of operator Crib Relief Plan
- Manage data collection & reporting for Road Haulage to Port & Concentrator Plant Equipment
- Monitor & optimise Primary Crushing Circuit Feed rates and hopper bin levels
- Manage haulage of Concentrator tailings
- Follow daily plans aligned with Mine Operating System (MOS) principles and provides constructive feedback;
- Manage Provision Guidance system to ensure design assignments are updated
- Maintain shift log Defect Register
- Assist in logging maintenance requests in 1SAP or similar systems;
- Management of MEMS Tyre Management System & Maintenance engagement
- Provide feedback to Supervisors and Production Coordinator on equipment allocation constraints;
- Capture and ensure the integrity of mine production data;
- Assist Supervisors in managing operator fatigue;
- Identify and implement Production function improvement initiatives with support from Production Analysis & Improvement (A&I);
- Develop and report on KPI’s as required by leadership team;
- Serve as the central communication hub for the mine in normal operations and emergencies;
- Maintain equipment competencies and spend regular time in field.
- 24hr Emergency first response & escalation controller
- Lightning System Monitoring & Notification to Site Personnel of strike localities
- CCTV monitoring & remote operation of boom gate controlled intersections with public traffic
- Conduct all required safety audits and observations;
- Address workplace hazards and risks;
- Assist investigations into workplace incidents.
- Computer literate
- Modular level 2 training or equivalent
- Certificate in Metalliferous Mining (Advantageous)
- Understanding of relevant and current Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Demonstrate knowledge pertaining to basic Health, Safety and Environmental principles in and around a workplace
- Demonstrate an awareness of customer service
- Hazard identification and risk assessment within a workplace
What does South32 offer?
- 7/7 roster from Cairns or Darwin
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- 26 Weeks paid parental leave
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.