Administrative Officer Translational Cancer Research Network Jobs Vacancy in University New South Wales Sydney
- Administrative Officer Translational Cancer Research Network
- University New South Wales
- Sydney NSW
- 20 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
University New South Wales Sydney urgently required following position for Administrative Officer Translational Cancer Research Network. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Officer Translational Cancer Research Network Jobs Vacancy in University New South Wales Sydney Jobs Details:
Work type: Fixed term / Part time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Administration, Research Administration support
- 12-month Fixed Term, 0.8 FTE opportunity
- Fast paced, dynamic environment
- Location – Prince of Wales Clinical School, Randwick, NSW, Australia
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty have staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW including Albury/Wodonga, Wagga Wagga, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie.
The Prince of Wales Clinical School (POWCS) occupies the Edmund Blacket Building at the Prince of Wales Hospital and the Lowy Cancer Research Centre. Through its presence as part of the Biomedical Science precinct the School is able to fully support virtually all contemporary forms of biomedical research.
The Administrative Officer will ensure the effective day to day operations of the Translational Cancer Research Network (TCRN), by assisting in the development of communications, providing administrative assistance to the Director, Program Manager and Flagship leaders, organisation of events and meeting and delivering outstanding customer service to TCRN members and stakeholders. The role of Administrator reports to the Program Manager.
Some key responsibilities:
- Assist in the day-to-day functioning of the TCRN by providing administrative support in the preparation of high quality reports of the activities of the Centre, inclusive of ethics and governance documents, assist in the development of communication to the TCRN membership including newsletters and updating of the website.
- Provide administrative assistance to the TCRN Director, Program Manager and TCRN flagship leaders (e.g. organising meetings, minute taking, and other administrative duties as required)
- Deliver outstanding customer service to all members of the TCRN and key stakeholders which includes responding to email/phone enquires and prompt processing of membership requests.
- Maintenance of research and membership databases.
- Ensure the efficient operation of all events, meetings and teleconferences, including room bookings, catering, the organisation of conference phone lines, preparation of agendas and meeting papers, minute taking, distribution and filing of documents, follow up and reporting.
Further appointment details include:
- Salary Range: Level 5 $71, 451 – 80, 850, plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading.
- Part time (0.8 FTE - 4 days a week), 12-month Fixed Term role
About the successful applicant:
- Relevant tertiary qualification with two years relevant work experience in research administration or project management or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and running of events, including design, marketing and execution with a strong delivery of professional customer service.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite and working effectively with information management systems, including database management.
- Proven high level organisational skills, including the ability to establish priorities, time management, with excellent attention to detail
How to apply:
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. You may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
Please apply online – note that applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Position Description Administrative Officer PD TCRN.pdf
Applications close: 11pm 10th October 2018
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: 20 Sep 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 10 Oct 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time