Director Jobs Vacancy in Queensland Government Brisbane
Queensland Government Brisbane urgently required following position for Director. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Jobs Vacancy in Queensland Government Brisbane Jobs Details:
You will lead and develop a team of procurement professionals delivering a centre led, local delivered procurement model aimed at:
- creating, maintaining and driving a culture of excellence to ensure the Chief Procurement Office is recognised as an effective enabler of procurement outcomes,
- contributing to the department's procurement savings and realising optimum value outcomes and minimisation of procurement risk,
- providing internal and external stakeholders with expert, authoritative and timely advice relating to procurement initiatives and activities.
- driving strategic planning, governance and controls, category management, value chain improvement and capability development in line with the department's vision to be a leader in good procurement performance.Accountabilities include:
- Plan, lead and manage resources (human and technological) to ensure the effective delivery of procurement policies, strategic planning, category management and uplift procurement capability to drive accountability, probity, consistency and transparency in a centre led, local delivered framework/model.
- Demonstrate a commitment to a performance culture by actively managing individual and team performance, and providing supportive leadership and procurement expertise to build and maintain a sustainable and capable procurement workforce.
- Lead and manage the realisation of optimum value in capital and/or operational expenditure, and the integration of governance and controls, to drive accountability, probity, consistency and transparency in a centre led, local delivered procurement model.
- Actively influence a benefits/savings culture by working within cross-agency, cross-functional teams to identify, drive and measure savings and benefits opportunities across the departments' procurement spend, considering optimal savings, delivery models and approaches.
- Provide a supportive environment where team members strive to provide high quality and timely services and contribute to a culture espousing customer focus and information sharing.
- Actively manage and influence internal and external stakeholder relationships including senior leadership team, internal clients, suppliers, industry, and public sector bodies. This role reports to the Chief Procurement Officer and has 3-4 direct reports.