Lead Road Designer Jobs Vacancy in Technical Project Services Dubbo
Technical Project Services Dubbo urgently required following position for Lead Road Designer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Lead Road Designer Jobs Vacancy in Technical Project Services Dubbo Jobs Details:
- Permanent Full Time opportunity
- Be empowered to positively impact the projects and tasks you work on
- Parkes location
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Road Designer to join the Technical & Project Services division at Roads & Maritime Services. In this diverse and challenging role you will be producing road designs, resolving difficult design problems and providing technical leadership to internal design and project teams.
As the Lead Road Designer you will be reviewing project teams and building their capability across the road design function through work assignments at different locations. Other responsibilities will include:
- Leading the delivery of internally and externally prepared road designs on major road infrastructure projects
- Supervising and motivating a team of technical staff and cross functional team members through leadership, mentoring, involvement of staff in project planning and goal settings
- Creating and assessing briefs to develop and create strategic, concept and detail designs
- Contributing to improved design outcomes by developing and maintaining constructive and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have tertiary qualifications in engineering or related discipline and will have an ability to devise and justify appropriately safe, constructible solutions to constrained physical and budget situations. You will have a high level oral and written communications skills, as well as liaison, consulting and influencing skills. As the Lead Road Designer you will need to be highly analytical and can develop feasible solutions to complex technical problems.
Roads and Maritime Services is one of Australia's leading public sector agencies, with more than 5,500 employees and an annual budget of $5.5 billion.
As part of Transport for NSW we are responsible for implementing strategic and essential frontline services to the people of NSW who use roads, harbours and waterways.
We improve the movement of people by various transport modes, including public transport (bus and ferry), cycling and walking, as well as motor vehicles. We also deliver initiatives to improve the movement of goods on the freight network, by improving accessibility and infrastructure, with a focus on reliability, productivity and safety initiatives.
We offer diverse and challenging career opportunities for professional and technical specialists, trades, and people interested in making a difference to transport operations and road safety in New South Wales.
When you join Roads and Maritime Services, you become part of a forward-thinking organisation that offers generous working conditions, flexible working options and a real commitment to developing your skills.
As the key agency in NSW for road safety, traffic management and planning, road building and maintenance, as well as improving maritime safety, we want our staff to reach their full potential.
Remuneration Package: RMS USS Grade 8 - 9 ($94,808 - $114,402), plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
For more information on Employee Benefits at Transport please click here.
Our commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life and at Transport for NSW we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
How to apply
Click on APPLY button. For further information, please visit our internet site Roads & Maritime or to view the position description and Applicant Information Pack please click on links provided.
For any enquiries, please contact Dwayne Woods on 0408 421 427 and quote 000065M8
- Please note: successful candidate will need to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
Applications close: 11.59pm, Thursday 31 May 2018
When preparing your application - Your written application must stand on its merits. If you do not demonstrate how you meet the Selection Criteria (Skills/Experience) for the position you will not proceed through the selection process. The completeness and relevance of your application will determine whether or not you are called for an interview.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering or a related discipline and successful completion of Road Safety Auditor training or attend training within twelve months of appointment.
- Proven analytical, research and problem solving skills with proven initiative in developing feasible solutions to complex technical problems, providing a leadership role in road design, provision of reliable road design technical advice that balances competing design requirements and the management of technical risk in major infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated ability to devise and justify appropriately safe, constructible solutions to constrained physical and budget situations that require management of the risk associated with departures from currently approved design standards.
- Proven ability to deliver and coordinate expert road design services by leading, coaching and mentoring teams of specialist designers and engineers in a complex organisation, including managing high work volumes and meeting quality, schedule and cost expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to support best practice and drive technical improvements in the provision of Roads and Maritime Services road design services including developing road design contract arrangements and participating in private sector relationships.
- Proven awareness and understanding of the challenges of delivering high quality, customer focused services and the ability to deal tactfully with clients and the community.
- Demonstrated high level oral and written communications skills, as well as liaison, consulting and influencing skills and proven ability to produce timely and effective reports with a logical sequence of ideas.