Investigations Officer Positions Jobs Vacancy in Victorian Legal Services Board And Commissioner Melbourne City Centre
Victorian Legal Services Board And Commissioner Melbourne City Centre urgently required following position for Investigations Officer Positions. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Investigations Officer Positions Jobs Vacancy in Victorian Legal Services Board And Commissioner Melbourne City Centre Jobs Details:
Investigations Officer – 2 positions - 2.0 FTE – 1x Ongoing - 1x 12 months Fixed Term
- Conduct investigations into less complex matters, including criminal offences and disciplinary complaints, and assist other officers in more complex cases as directed. In all cases, this will involve preparing reports and correspondence and liaising with lawyers, witnesses and the public as required.
- As required and under supervision, manage most aspects of assigned external interventions.
- Manage relationships with lawyers, witnesses, external interveners and the public with a focus on ensuring the interests of clients are protected and matters are finalised in a timely fashion through appropriate communication, investigation and alternative dispute resolution techniques.
- Assist in handling prosecutorial/litigation actions taken in relation to investigations and external interventions, including preparing applications and other documentation, liaising with legal counsel, and instructing and appearing as required.
- Work collaboratively with other officers and teams in using all regulatory tools available to provide high quality and responsive services to the profession and provide opportunities to improve the delivery of legal services to consumers.
- Assist in the delivery of the office's education responsibilities including giving presentations and facilitating workshops, and represent the VLSC+B as required.
- As required, deal with incoming callers, visitors or written requests for help and assistance from the public and the profession.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor of Laws
- Current practising certificate or ability to obtain a practising certificate in Victoria
Applicants are encouraged to apply online, outlining professional skills, knowledge and personal qualities.
Applications should include:
2) completed job application form (see file attachment).
Applicants should view the full position description before applying. You are only required to address the Key Selection Criteria listed in the job application Form. Individual responses to “key selection criteria” listed on the Position Description are not required. Employment of successful candidates will be subject to a National Police Check. Attachments can be uploaded in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. For all enquiries regarding this position, please contact Howard Bowles on (03) 96798167.