Supervised Contact Workers Jobs Vacancy in Challenge Community Services Lismore
Challenge Community Services Lismore urgently required following position for Supervised Contact Workers. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Supervised Contact Workers Jobs Vacancy in Challenge Community Services Lismore Jobs Details:
Are you passionate about helping others?
Are you looking for a rewarding role where you can make a real difference?
Do you want to be a part of a leading Community Services provider?
Then we want to hear from you!
Who are we?
Challenge Community Services has the vision that people everywhere in our community will experience the power of inclusion through relationships, voice and action. Starting in 1958 in a town hall in Tamworth Challenge has grown to become a leader in out of home care and disability support. We employ over 650 people across 68 sites in NSW. We provide General Foster Care, General Foster Care +2 and Intensive Foster Care.
Challenge Community Services is on the lookout for highly motivated and passionate Supervised Contact Workers to join our Foster Care team based in Lismore.
This role facilitates safe and meaningful contact for children and young people in Out of Home Care with their families and significant others. You will be responsible for transporting children and young people under your supervision and ensuring that contact is accurately documented.
Who are we looking for?
The successful applicant:
- Will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to write reports and other formal documentation
- Have excellent time management skills and taking initiative is second nature
- Is empathetic and committed to improving the lives of children and young people
- Has the ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Enjoys working autonomously, and has the ability to think on their feet and make decisions in complex situations
- You will be an outstanding communicator with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with others
- You’ll need excellent written skills, including the ability to write reports and complete formal documentation
- A demonstrable ability to work well both autonomously and with a team
- Able to be flexible and to work non-standard hours as required
- A current NSW Working With Children’s check (or willingness to obtain prior to commencement)
- Unencumbered NSW driver’s licence
A qualification in Human Services, Certificate IV or Diploma in Community Services is highly desirable for this position, although not essential.
Come and join our team!
At Challenge Community Services we believe our employees are key to our success and we offer a range of benefits to our team including:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Journey accident cover
For further information regarding this position please contact
Emma Fraser on 0408 838 234
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you!
Please apply with both your resume and cover letter using the link below.
Closing date: 3 June, 2018
You must have the right to work in Australia.
No agencies or third party applications please