Manager Major Hazards Planning Jobs Vacancy in Worksafe Victoria Melbourne City Centre
Worksafe Victoria Melbourne City Centre urgently required following position for Manager Major Hazards Planning. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manager Major Hazards Planning Jobs Vacancy in Worksafe Victoria Melbourne City Centre Jobs Details:
The Hazardous Industries & Industry Practice Division play an integral role within the Health & Safety Business Unit and consist of specialist teams responsible for the dissemination of technical and professional services with regards to Construction, Major Hazard Facilities, Earth Resources, Health and Agriculture.
About the role
As this is a newly created position, the successful incumbent will have the chance to develop and shape the role within an evolving environment. Reporting to the Director - Major Hazards & System Safety, this role will be based in the Melbourne CBD. The purpose of this role is to lead and manage WorkSafe's Major Hazards Analysis and Planning function. This includes collection and analysis of data that is then used to plan and design specific programs of work and areas of focus. The role also provides equivalent data analysis support to the other Hazardous Industries (Earth Resources and Construction Programs). The role also oversees all internal processes and procedures used across the Major Hazards Program. This is therefore a key leadership and influencing role with the Major Hazards Program and other Hazardous Industries. Key responsibilities within this senior role include:
- Developing specific Major Hazards work programs in response to key risk areas and industry trends
- Identifying incidents worthy of investigation for learning value and collection of data, and ensure such incidents are investigated.
- Developing data-driven and risk-based oversight plans for each Major Hazard Facility.
- Developing and maintaining fit for purpose internal working procedures for the Major Hazards Program.
- Managing the collection, analysis and use of data to drive programs of work in the Major Hazards, Earth Resources and Construction sectors.
- Maintaining the High Consequence Risk Index across the Hazardous Industries.
- Allocating resources to support the Safety Case assessment and licensing activities
- Monitoring and managing performance of the Major Hazards Planning Team and its team members
- Highly developed analytical and research skills, including the ability to identify patterns in complex data sets.
- Strong critical thinking and understanding of accident causation in complex, high risk environments
- Experience developing safety intervention programs in response to identified gaps
- Experience in an industrial environment, preferably high hazard.
- Highly-developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proven leadership and team development skills
- Relevant tertiary qualification relevant to the Major Hazards industry preferred
In return we offer a range of great benefits, including work variety, workplace flexibility and leave options, learning and development opportunities, study support, a leading health and wellbeing program, and discounted corporate health insurance rates. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance.
This position will remain based in the Melbourne CBD and relocate to our new offices at 567 Collins Street in late 2018.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process. Applications close midnight 10th June 2018, though interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives. Confidential inquiries can be made by contacting Roma Grant on 9641 1807. WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.