Systems Officer Application Development Jobs Vacancy in Queensland Government Brisbane
Queensland Government Brisbane urgently required following position for Systems Officer Application Development. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Systems Officer Application Development Jobs Vacancy in Queensland Government Brisbane Jobs Details:
- Provide analysis, operational applications support, systems development and technical system administration services for departmental application systems environments.
- Undertake analysis of application problems as reported from clients and/or the JAG IT Service Desk and provide appropriate solutions to resolve the issues/problems within service level agreement targets.
- Provide first level technical support for third party provided application software operating within the Department.
- Support the improvement of the Department's applications including the monitoring and tracking of client feedback for improvements or additions and the optimisation of business systems to ensure their efficient, effective and secure operation.
- Analyse business requirements, design, build and implement systems that fulfil diverse user requirements and satisfy relevant departmental, government and industry standards.
- Actively contribute to the development and maintenance of standards, guidelines and knowledge base articles for applications support, administration and development while ensuring compliance to relevant industry standards and government policies.
- Liaise with clients, multi-disciplinary technology groups and external stakeholders on applications matters. This includes the ability to work with multi-disciplinary technology groups to troubleshoot problems then enhance application technologies utilising change control methodologies.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends, industry and technology directions and product road maps for applications support, administration and development methodologies and technologies.
The ideal applicant will demonstrate the following key attributes as they apply to the key responsibilities and Technology Schedule for the role:
1. Has experience in a technical support role and relevant knowledge and capability to effectively carry out a support role for the technologies in the attached “Technology Schedule”.
2. Knowledge and expertise in the principles, techniques and current trends in systems development techniques and architectures in a technical environment including optimization, security, recovery and configuration management.
3. Possesses conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills together with an ability to provide technical advice and guidance to stakeholders on complex application and support solutions.
4. Possesses communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to:
- Contribute toward creating a positive team environment, working collaboratively and actively sharing information and skills with others;
- Act professionally at all times while performing under pressure, managing your own workload and priorities to complete tasks and satisfy customer expectations; and
- Consult, negotiate and provide technical and business information to internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve the successful completion of tasks.