Ocean Import Transport Allocator Jobs Vacancy in Schenker Sydney
Schenker Sydney urgently required following position for Ocean Import Transport Allocator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Ocean Import Transport Allocator Jobs Vacancy in Schenker Sydney Jobs Details:
DB Schenker is a globally integrated Transport and Logistics company providing international air and sea freight forwarding services together with national logistics solutions across Australia and the globe.
We are seeking a Ocean Import Transport Allocator to join our busy team.
This position is required to:
Organising and co-ordinating the delivery and collection of Airfreight and Ocean Freight LCL to and from the customer.
Departmental/Operational key Responsibilities may include:
- Ensure all Customs & AQIS requirements and payment of Customs Duty are completed
- Co-ordinate deliveries / pick up for customer
- Monitor freight movements and distribution of goods for customers- key accounts as well as others
- Monitor day to day operations and liaise with departments to ensure that their requirements in the transport area are met.
- Ensure freight is stored and handled in such manner as to minimise loss or damage of freight
- Monitor carrier performance and cost effectiveness
- Ensure work area is kept clean
- Other duties as directed
- Ensure that freight is stored and handled in such manner as to minimise loss or damage
- Manage Customs Delivery Schedule to meet customer KPIs at all times
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to jointly work on customer KPIs.
- Safe handling of freight and reporting of any discrepancies as per internal operating procedures
Competencies and Skills required:
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislations and authorities which impact on your area of responsibility
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Basic computer skills or use with MS Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of Procars an advantage
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Previous experience in Ocean Imports preferred but not essential
- Drivers Licence preferred, but not essential
- Experience in Hazardous Goods handling preferred, but not essential
- Six months to one year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience