Field Service Plant Mechanic Residential Jobs Vacancy in Westrac Port Hedland
Westrac Port Hedland urgently required following position for Field Service Plant Mechanic Residential. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Field Service Plant Mechanic Residential Jobs Vacancy in Westrac Port Hedland Jobs Details:
Fancy a change and love the outdoors? Want to live and work in a unique part of the Pilbara whilst earning $200k+?
WesTrac have an opportunity for a highly experienced field service heavy diesel plant mechanic for a residential role in Port Hedland, WA.
- Relocation assistance available, with housing and utilities provided
- Residential roster 10/4
- 10.5 hours per shift inclusive of a 30 minute unpaid meal break
- Residential, location and field service allowance paid
This role will support an anticipated are of growth in 2018 in the area. This position will require the successful candidate to provide technical support as an advisor on maintenance and technical issues, undertake regular equipment inspections and prove recommendations for appropriate actions as a result of findings
- Carry out repairs, maintenance and servicing on a range of Caterpillar and Expanded Mining Product Equipment
- Identifying and recommending preventative maintenance on equipment
- Completion of in field diagnosis and repairs
- Completing warranty repair work and reports
- Manage work orders including ordering parts as required
- Carrying out Caterpillar product improvement plans and product support program
- Maintaining safe work practices and a safe work environment
- Heavy Duty Plant Mechanical Trade Certificate with a minimum of 5 years post trade experience in a field service environment
- Extensive diagnostic and fault finding skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in an isolated and remote environment
- Ability to work flexible rosters and hours at short notice
- Ability to work and seek out work opportunities without continuous direct supervision
- Ability to work effectively within a team and have a strong commitment to continuous improvement principles
- Strive to assist the Customer to achieve machine availability and reliability KPI’s
- Previous mechanical experience working on Caterpillar products
- Unrestricted LR Class Drivers Licence as a minimum
- Proficient in Caterpillar and Dealer systems – ET, VIMS, DBS, SIMSi
- Current Forklift Licence
- Working at Heights, Confined Spaces, DTEC (Gravel Roads Training)
- Elevated Work Platform
- Basic Rigging
- Familiarity with service literature
About Port Hedland
Situated 200 km north of Karratha, Port Hedland sits on the WA’s pristine coastline and has a rich history in pioneering and Indigenous culture and is well known as the hub of the resource industry and salt piles connecting the Pilbara and the Kimberley. Home of attractions such as the Staircase to the Moon and Eighty Mile Beach, Port Hedland offers a range of native flora and fauna right on your doorstep!
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world's leading Caterpillar Dealerships. Operating in NSW, ACT and WA, we supply equipment solutions to thousands of customers across the mining, construction, transport, forestry, agriculture and power generation sectors. At WesTrac our primary focus is our people. We know that our success is the result of more than 3,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes. Now, as we look to the future and our goal of becoming the first choice in equipment solutions, we're more focused than ever on harnessing the best talent for our business.
WesTrac offers competitive remuneration packages and many other benefits which include:
- Salary sacrificing options i.e. airline membership, motor vehicle etc.
- Discounted CAT products
- Wellness Program
- Further education assistance
- Discounted health insurance