Programs Team Leader Jobs Vacancy in Ymca Victoria Hawthorn
Ymca Victoria Hawthorn urgently required following position for Programs Team Leader. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Programs Team Leader Jobs Vacancy in Ymca Victoria Hawthorn Jobs Details:
The opportunity to lead and implement Hawthorn Aquatic & Leisure Centres new high performance zone in a 680sm2 gym offering the latest industry leading equipment from Precor & Alphafit.
Using your knowledge of high performance training including HIIT, Strength & Conditioning and mobility to program and service the newly refurbished space whilst coordinating an affluent group fitness timetable of over 120 classes,
The position will require someone who is experienced with programming, coaching and management to champion this area and inspire the Boroondara community to participate in physical activity that deliver results
About the Company
About the Centre
The YMCA at Boroondara is made up of four leisure and aquatic facilities in the municipality, owned by the City of Boroondara and managed by the YMCA. The four facilities, represented as the Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities (BLAF), work as a group to achieve key results areas agreed in consultation with the City of Boroondara.
The redevelopment of the Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre was completed in April 2014. The centre features a 50m heated outdoor pool (open year round), a 20m indoor warm water pool, fitness program rooms and crèche facilities, a large 780sq metre gym and café. HALC focuses on providing classes including yoga and Pilates, warm water exercise and flexible program space to accommodate growing local interest in general health opportunities.
For further information regarding the Hawthorn Aquatic & Leisure Centre, please visit our website http://www.hawthorn.boroondaraleisure.com.au/
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
Capabilities and Behaviours
- A proactive and solution focused approach is essential in this position.
- Strong communication and training skills to ensure Health Club Staff & Group Exercise Staff are providing an engaging and interactive Health & Wellness space at HALC.
- Perform duties as required on all direct service shifts and provide leadership to relevant teams.
- Support staff through change processes.
- Demonstrate the ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to lead by example and create a positive and supportive culture.
- Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in team development / leadership (minimum 2 years) highly regarded.
- Experience in member retention and engagement.
- Experience with Links & GreeneDesk systems highly regarded.
- Extensive Health Club, Personal Training and/or Group Exercise experience.
- Understanding of emerging trends within the Health and Wellness industry.
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter
- HLTFA301B Apply first aid or equivalent
- HLTCPR201A Perform CPR or equivalent
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information
How to Apply