Technical Field Advisor Site Manager Jobs Vacancy in General Electric
General Electric urgently required following position for Technical Field Advisor Site Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Field Advisor Site Manager Jobs Vacancy in General Electric Jobs Details:
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy – Hydro Service Oceania
Hydro Service Oceania is located in Hamilton - New Zealand, and Hobart, Tasmania – Australia. The group provides engineering, technical, refurbishment, upgrade, and maintenance services and solutions to our Hydro Power Generating customers in the Oceania region.
The Technical Field Advisor (TFA) / Site Manager may be required to act as either a Site Manager or a Technical Field Advisor on GE Hydro Service Oceania projects.
The main purpose is to provide onsite technical support and site management for the GE Hydro Service Oceania project team, and our customers, on hydro power station refurbishment projects.
Technical Field Advisor
- Provide leadership and technical direction on GE Hydro Service Oceania - turbine and generator refurbishment projects.
- Instruct labour performing work on customer sites, including dismantling, condition assessment, refurbishment, assembly, alignment, commissioning, trouble shooting.
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, preparing ITP’s and Measurement record sheets, preparing Methodologies, ordering materials, obtaining quotations, reports to customers.
- Work in conjunction with GE Hydro Lead Centres on technical matters related to assigned projects.
- Respond to customer requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment.
- Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Management and overall responsibility for all aspects of site works on GE Hydro Service Oceania projects, in accordance with GE procedures, and contract requirements.
- Lead GE Personnel and third party contractors in the successful completion of Hydro Service Oceania projects, including safety, schedule, quality and cost.
- Manage site establishment including work area infrastructure, site office equipment, site logistics, travel and accommodation for GE’s Personnel.
- Ensure services are performed in compliance to the Safety & Environmental Management Plan.
- Ensure services are performed in compliance with the Project Execution & Quality Plan.
- Ensure GE policies and procedures are applied and complied with on assigned projects.
- Implement measures to reduce hazards and eliminate unsafe acts.
- Investigate and report any EHS incidents.
- Liaising with GE Hydro Lead Centres on technical related matters as required.
- Manage the progress of assigned projects to the project schedule to ensure the assigned project is delivered on time.
- Project reporting including schedule, cost, quality, safety.
- Maintain customer relationships throughout assigned projects, as this position is the primary contact for our customers on site.
- Leading and attending meetings as required (internal and external).
- Manage interactions with customer and other work force on site to ensure safe and timely execution of works.
- Maintaining site ITP’s and JSEA’s.
- Scheduling, controlling and ensuring inspection, and testing tasks are carried out in accordance with site ITP’s.
- Leading and participating in site quality and safety Inspections.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent tertiary qualification
- Minimum 3 years of experience working on hydro power generation refurbishment projects.
- Willingness and ability to travel to and work on projects mainly within Australia and New Zealand, with the possibility of other overseas projects as required.
- Prior experience of working with an Hydro Services business is essential for this role
- For non AU applicants - GE will offer work sponsorship on a 4 year visa for this role, however final decision for visa approval sits with the AU government and
- Strong Leadership and Interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills and a fluent level of written and spoken English
- Strong ability to work with all levels of management, engineering, and trades (internally and externally).
- Proven analytical and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence stakeholders (internal and external).
- Strong Safety ethic.
Locations: Australia; Any location in Australia, although preference for NSW region