Ict End User Computing Delivery And Support Officers Jobs Vacancy in Australian Bureau Statistics
- Ict End User Computing Delivery And Support Officers
- Australian Bureau Statistics
- 16 May, 2018 30+ days ago
Australian Bureau Statistics urgently required following position for Ict End User Computing Delivery And Support Officers. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Ict End User Computing Delivery And Support Officers Jobs Vacancy in Australian Bureau Statistics Jobs Details:
- Various ICT roles, ongoing (permanent)
- APS Level 4 ($62,996 - $70,858) plus superannuation
- Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Geelong, Perth
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) is looking for ICT End User Computing Delivery and Support Officers (APS 4 classification) to work in our Technology and Security Division in our Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Geelong and Perth offices.
About the Area
The End User Computing (EUC) team within the Technology and Security Division at the ABS provides information and communication technology (ICT) applications support, technology capability, and develops and maintains ICT infrastructure.
This team employs over 30 staff currently operating from seven of our permanent offices across Australia.
The Delivery & Support team (within EUC) primarily provides technical support and advice for all End User Computing connected infrastructure (including laptops, desktops, thin clients, printers, mobile / smart phones, tablets).
Vacancies currently exist for a number of APS4 roles within the Delivery & Support team (both full-time and part-time).
About the Positions
We are seeking motivated people with skills in fields such as ICT support and infrastructure support. The roles are best suited to people who would work well in a virtual team environment, have strong problem-solving skills, and are able to work flexibly to agreed priorities and deadlines. The role is largely office-based and not suited to working from home.
The positions involve working in virtual teams across the country. Some roles will require the successful candidate to currently hold or be able to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance.
As an ICT Officer in EUC, you may be required to:
- provide technical expertise in the delivery of project objectives
- achieve results within a project or business delivery team in a multi-disciplinary setting
- deliver outputs from supplied specifications using agreed standards and tools to achieve well-engineered results to ABS standard
- build and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- contribute to building the future culture of the ABS.
Key Qualities, Experience and Skills
To succeed in these roles, you will possess the following key attributes:
- technical skills in ICT suitable to the role and duties as described above
- strong lateral thinking and problem solving skills
- strong interpersonal skills with a focus on collaboration within the team
- strong communication skills
- self-motivation, resilience and ability to change
- demonstrated initiative
- interest in learning new skills related to the provision of IT services
- either tertiary qualification in a relevant ICT field or equivalent relevant work experience.
Note: This role requires the occupant to be physically active and able to lift and carry ICT hardware.
For further information about these positions, applicants must first read the Applicant Information Kit located below.
Applications open Thursday 17 May 2018 and must be submitted by 11:30PM AEST, Sunday 27 May 2018.
Applicant Information Kit < >