Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Principal - Sawtell Public School - 000063GM
Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900082745
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $127,944.00. This position attracts a base salary of $115,429.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Sawtell Public School
Principal Network Coffs Harbour
Staffing Area Clarence/Coffs Harbour
Contact Name Michael Hepi
Contact Phone number 02 6653 1666
Closing Date 30-May-2018
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Sawtell Public School has a student population of 357students and is a focal point for the community. The school’s students are drawn from a range of cultural and socio–economic backgrounds. Staff is a mix of dedicated, expert and beginning teachers and support staff. Tradition and values are recognised and reinforced through the school's culture and close links with the wider community. Students engage with learning through 21st century skills and technology. Sawtell Public School prides itself on being a school of opportunity. Participation in all aspects ofs chool life is expected. Academic achievement is encouraged as is achievement in the cultural, creative, sporting and social spheres. The school motto 'Play the Game' is embedded in the school philosophy.
Specific Selection Criteria
In addition to the general selection criteria, approval to teach infants and/or primary.
Demonstrated ability to lead and model the implementation of evidence-based literacy and numeracy pedagogies that deliver differentiated curriculum.
A visible and inclusive leader who is able to build collaborative teams and lead the implementation of whole school well-being practices with a focus on Positive Behaviour for Learning.
Demonstrated ability to work as an instructional leader and member of the school leadership team in the implementation of its vision and strategic directions.
Demonstrated ability to lead whole school programs with an emphasis on sport.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
Applicants are to include details of their WWCC clearance number as part of this application.