Senior Parliamentary Liaison Officer Aps Executive Office Canberra Melbourne Sydney Jobs Vacancy in Australian Competition Consumer Commission Accc Sydney
- Senior Parliamentary Liaison Officer Aps Executive Office Canberra Melbourne Sydney
- Australian Competition Consumer Commission Accc
- Sydney NSW
- 27 May, 2018 26 days ago
Australian Competition Consumer Commission Accc Sydney urgently required following position for Senior Parliamentary Liaison Officer Aps Executive Office Canberra Melbourne Sydney. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Parliamentary Liaison Officer Aps Executive Office Canberra Melbourne Sydney Jobs Vacancy in Australian Competition Consumer Commission Accc Sydney Jobs Details:
Salary from $83,541 to $93,635 (plus 15.4% superannuation)
The Executive Office provides high-level strategic and governance support to the ACCC. It is comprised of the Risk, Planning and Reporting team; the Parliamentary and Government Liaison team; and the Support and Secretariat team.
The Executive Office is a fast-paced environment where teamwork is highly valued. This role sits within the Parliamentary Liaison Team.
As the Senior Parliamentary Liaison Officer (SPLO), you will be responsible for coordinating and managing the ACCC’s parliamentary liaison activities. This includes monitoring parliamentary activity and coordinating the preparation of briefings, submissions and other strategic documents.
You will liaise with key internal and external stakeholders. The role involves regular engagement with Commissioners and SES. The position also supervises and mentors the Graduate assigned to the Executive Office.
You will have responsibility for managing the ACCC’s senate estimates and questions on notices processes. You will also undertake a range of briefing and analysis work across the breadth of the ACCC’s functions.
You will have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, and effective written and oral communication skills. You will understand the role and responsibilities of the ACCC, the environment within which it operates and its structure.
Duties are to be performed under general direction and in accordance with the APS Code of Conduct, upholding the APS Values.
Working as a member of a small team and under limited direction of the EL1 in the Parliamentary Liaison Team, the SPLO will:
• Monitor and analyse parliamentary activity and report on matters within the sphere of ACCC interests through daily Parliamentary Issues and Hansard summary emails during sitting weeks
• Coordinate and/or prepare written responses for parliamentary inquiries, ministerial requests and questions on notice. Liaise with ministerial advisers as required and in a professional manner
• Coordinate and/or prepare briefings and speaking notes on current issues or matters of interest, including through the provision of advice, editorial and drafting assistance as part of an overall quality assurance process
• Undertake complex research tasks and prepare, or assist in the preparation of, complex correspondence, documentation and reports.
• Identify and implement ongoing improvements to procedures and systems.
• Supervise and mentor a Graduate and in doing so oversee the Commission Meeting/Minutes/Question Time Summaries, in coordination with the APS5 in the Parliamentary Liaison Team
• Liaise with line areas and Tabling Officers to ensure the timely tabling of ACCC reports as required throughout the year
• Other duties as reasonably required to assist in the effective functioning of the Executive Office.
How to apply
When applying you will be asked to upload your resume and submit a statement of claims, not exceeding 500 words, that details your suitability and interest in the role.
For more information on working with the ACCC and to apply online please visit www.accc.gov.au/employment(link is external).
This opportunity is available to all Australian citizens.
Full time and part time roles may be filled through this process. Candidates interested in full time and part time opportunities are encouraged to apply. The ACCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidate Kit Opens in new window