Infrastructure Architect Jobs Vacancy in Swinburne University Technology Melbourne
Swinburne University Technology Melbourne urgently required following position for Infrastructure Architect. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Infrastructure Architect Jobs Vacancy in Swinburne University Technology Melbourne Jobs Details:
The Infrastructure Solution Architect will play a key role providing architectural and thought leadership across our technology landscape. We have a state of the art data centre for our hosting combined with a strategy to move to the cloud as part of our target state.
This is a new role in the Architecture Team reporting to the Deputy Director, IT Strategy and Architecture that requires you to have an enterprise view that requires extensive engagement across a number of IT teams as well as business stakeholders so strong leadership and communication skills are essential.
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate significant people leadership skills and ability to engage and work with key vendors. The ideal person with have a blend of technical understanding from Data Centres, Cloud, Security, Networks, Voice, DR etc.
A solid understanding of high level infrastructure systems and governance frameworks is essential for the role.
The role requires extensive stakeholder engagement across the business so exceptional communication and presentation skills are essential.
Key Accountabilities include:
- In close co-operation with Infrastructure Managers help to Identify and select and implement appropriate solutions based on requirements and constraints
- Evaluate new technologies for alignment with technology architecture
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in technology systems and infrastructure, including analysis of cost and risk reduction opportunities
- Provide architecture governance over technology infrastructure and security aspects in complex delivery programs
- Work with solution architects, business architects, solution designers and technology/ops engineers to deliver high quality Infrastructure solution architectures that are fit for purpose
- Align solutions with goals and objectives & Enterprise Architecture reference models, principles, policies, standards and roadmaps
- Provide architectural oversight and support to peers in solving complex issues arising during project delivery
- Define, maintain and reuse Infrastructure implementation pattern
As a thought leader within the University, Swinburne IT identifies opportunities for information technology to simplify, automate and transform the way Swinburne works. Swinburne IT delivers real value to the University by maximising its return on investments in technology.
Swinburne IT has a strategic focus, partnering with the business to deliver programs of work that align to each of the University’s three strategic pillars: Future Ready Learners, Research with Impact and Innovative Enterprise. Swinburne IT is a key enabler for the University to achieve its vision and deliver the 2025 Strategic Plan.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong understanding of modern networking and software designed data centre technologies
- Experience with VMware, HyperV, KVM hypervisors. Experience with cloud platforms including OpenStack, Azure and AWS
- Experience with microservices architectures and containers ie. Docker and container orchestration (ECS or Kubernetes)
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc)
- Experience with assessment, development and implementation, operationalization and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes ie data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments
- Strong relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills and is fully experienced at dealing with senior business stakeholders
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description.
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2017 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class University creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
As a Swinburne staff member you will have access to many benefits such as career development opportunities including 50% study reduction and staff and management development programs. You will receive up to 17% employer contributions (pension) and various discounts on annual Myki cards, private health insurance and movie tickets. We also recognise the need to support the work/life balance and flexible needs of our staff. As such a range of flexible working arrangements including paid maternity/partner leave, onsite childcare, working from home and part time options are available.