Teacher Aide Language Model Auslan Various Locations South East Region Positions Jobs Vacancy in Queensland Government Gold Coast
- Teacher Aide Language Model Auslan Various Locations South East Region Positions
- Queensland Government
- Gold Coast QLD
- 02 May, 2018 24 days ago
Queensland Government Gold Coast urgently required following position for Teacher Aide Language Model Auslan Various Locations South East Region Positions. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Teacher Aide Language Model Auslan Various Locations South East Region Positions Jobs Vacancy in Queensland Government Gold Coast Jobs Details:
As the Teacher Aide, Language Model - Auslan you will have responsibility for the following:
- Provide a language model for students learning Australian Sign Language (Auslan), their parents and teachers, and assist with the communicative needs of these students within the school environment.
- Provide intervention where students experience difficulties in communication using Auslan and/or English.
- Collate and analyse students' Auslan language samples.
- Assist in the deaf/hearing impaired student's understanding of the education program through teacher directed tutoring to ensure that the education program is understood. (For example, checking for understanding, working on difficult vocabulary and clarifying homework directions).
- Provide classroom, school level support to enable the learning environment to be inclusive and relevant, with the health and safety of students a high priority.
- Plan, in collaboration with a teacher of the deaf and deliver education programs in the use of Auslan to groups of staff, parents and students.
- Plan, in collaboration with a teacher of the deaf and implement deaf story telling sessions.
- Provide support to class teachers and teachers of the deaf during classroom activities through the preparation of teacher designed materials for deaf/hearing impaired students.
- Assist the deaf/hearing impaired student to develop confidence, independence and a sense of wellbeing, through a variety of approaches across educational and social settings.
- In situations where appropriate, provide interpretation of Auslan to facilitate communication.
Applicants for this position must be willing to undertake appropriate training/proficiency testing in the production of Auslan as determined by the department.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.