Senior Product Designer Jobs Vacancy in Bigcommerce Sydney
Bigcommerce Sydney urgently required following position for Senior Product Designer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Product Designer Jobs Vacancy in Bigcommerce Sydney Jobs Details:
BigCommerce, named a Great Place to Work in Australia, is looking for a Product Designer to join our Sydney office.
As a Product Designer at BigCommerce, you’ll be an essential part of building the best e-commerce platform in the world for tens-of-thousands of merchants selling through our platform. You will work in direct partnership with Product Management and Engineering to deliver product experiences that are consistent with our creative vision and are ruthlessly focused on merchant success. You will be trusted to deliver features and experiences across the full product-development lifecycle: you’ll be critical in the conversation about roadmap and planning, will set a UX vision for your area of expertise, and will deliver detailed designs that are useful, usable, and desirable. In addition to creating highly-desirable experiences, our Product Design team also drives patternization of UI and interactions across the product to ensure consistency and familiarity.
The world of ecommerce is growing rapidly and our product will continue to grow with it. If you are energized by building a product that is fundamental to your user’s life and by being part of a team-oriented “get sh*t done” culture, then we should talk!
Responsibilities & Opportunities:
We believe that creating a great product experience is a team sport and that requires every teammate to be valued, involved, and focused on our users. As a product designer, your role in that environment will be to:
- Partner directly with product management and engineering to define and deliver the right solution for our clients.
- Contribute to the development of your team’s product roadmap and corresponding project plans to deliver that roadmap.
- Create and sustain an open, honest, and highly collaborative culture within your team(s).
- Critically think through complex user flows, ensuring that all paths are happy for our users. This may require contribution from other teams and designers, depending on the flow.
- Create implementation-ready design files based on our patterns and UI kit.
- Determine appropriate use of patterns as well as when to evolve them or leave them behind entirely.
- Ensure that your designs are appropriately validated through market research, user-based testing, beta periods, and/or tiered product releases.
- Set a high standard for quality of the user experience within your team’s area, partnering with engineering to align on quality during implementation.
- Keep a watchful eye on the competitive space for your team, sharing your observations and insights with others along the way.
- Work in collaboration with the entire Product Design team to establish new patterns and optimize existing behaviors.
- Be an early member of our growing product design team, helping us establish and mature our design culture across our offices.
- Team oriented. You build strong relationships with your teammates because you understand that great product experiences come from great teams.
- Considerate. You clearly articulate the considerations and rationale for your decisions. You seek to understand differing perspectives and are objective in weighing their concerns.
- A facilitator. If you sense gaps or obstacles, you help drive the team forward through thoughtful and organized conversation.
- Self-driven. You have superior organisztional skills, integrity and great follow through. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- 2+ years experience designing product or software; e-commerce experience is ideal, but not required.
- Experience delivering multi-locale/international product experiences.
- Demonstrated understanding of information architecture, user experience, and interaction design.
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence delivering large-scale, integrated solutions.
- Ability to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail.
BigCommerce was founded with the goal of democratizing ecommerce, bringing online selling and features once reserved for multi-billion-dollar companies to the masses. We have a solid foundational product experience and are looking for a strong designer to help us extend our product experience for more complex business needs.
Everyday you’ll get to work with individuals who helped build companies like PayPal, HomeAway, Rackspace and Eventbrite. You’ll solve challenging problems and build game-changing solutions that will help more than 60,000 clients. And you’ll do it all at a hyper-growth company with a great culture, outstanding benefits and $125 million in funding from visionary investors like Steve Case's Revolution Partners, Softbank, Amex and Telstra.
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidise gym memberships)
- Culture groups including a women’s networking group (Tribe)
- Three especially cool office locales in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events