Principal Procurement Advisor Jobs Vacancy in Queensland Government Brisbane
Queensland Government Brisbane urgently required following position for Principal Procurement Advisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Principal Procurement Advisor Jobs Vacancy in Queensland Government Brisbane Jobs Details:
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) is responsible for moving and connecting people, places, goods and services safely, efficiently and effectively across Queensland. We plan, manage and deliver Queensland's integrated transport environment to achieve sustainable transport solutions for road, rail, air and sea.Finance and Procurement (F&P) branch belong to the corporate division of TMR. The branch leads and delivers excellent finance, procurement, facilities and accommodation outcomes for our customers, and cultivates business enhancements across TMR in a complex and dynamic environment.In the role of Principal Procurement Advisor you will work as part of the Category and Strategic Planning Team developing and implementing category management initiatives across four categories of spend managed by the CPO, including; Business Services, Human Capital, Machinery Plant/Equipment and Facilities.Your role supports the delivery of a centre led, locally delivered procurement operating model aimed at maximising Queensland Procurement Policy outcomes, TMR's procurement functional performance outcomes, value for money, benefits and compliance.
The Principal Procurement Advisor will also be involved in the following initiatives:
- Driving strategic development and implementation of category management in TMR, delivering on stakeholder and business unit expectations, as per agreed strategies and targets.
- Assisting the Manager (Category and Strategic Planning) with development of the category management model and its ongoing implementation across categories managed by the CPO and Hubs (incorporating: TransLink, Program Delivery and Management, RoadTek and Information Technology Branch).
- Establishing and improving our strategic supplier relationships.
- Realising procurement savings and operational benefits through implementing initiatives using governance and controls, category management, value chain improvement and capability development.
- Reporting performance against category KPIs and benefits targets as agreed by the TMR Procurement Committees.
- Contributing to building procurement capability within and outside the Chief Procurement Office.This role reports to the Manager (Category & Strategic Planning) and has no direct reports. Candidates please indicate whether they wish to be considered for one or both opportunities in their covering letter.