Baggage Handlers Ramp Operators Melbourne Airport Qantas Ground Services Qgs Jobs Vacancy in Qantas Airways Limited Melbourne
- Baggage Handlers Ramp Operators Melbourne Airport Qantas Ground Services Qgs
- Qantas Airways Limited
- Melbourne VIC
- 17 May, 2018 9 days ago
Qantas Airways Limited Melbourne urgently required following position for Baggage Handlers Ramp Operators Melbourne Airport Qantas Ground Services Qgs. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Baggage Handlers Ramp Operators Melbourne Airport Qantas Ground Services Qgs Jobs Vacancy in Qantas Airways Limited Melbourne Jobs Details:
- Challenge yourself to work a variety of different shifts, in all weather conditions
- Provide excellent service in a constantly changing operational environment
- Fixed Term Part time opportunities at Melbourne Airport
At Qantas, we represent Australia to the world. Our diverse country is known for our spirit, mateship, and a can-do attitude.
Qantas Ground Services (QGS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qantas Airways and we’re responsible for providing ground handling services to the Qantas Group, including warehouse freight handling to Qantas Freight, Australia’s largest independent air freight services business.
We understand priorities and what needs to be delivered, taking the initiative to keep things moving. Taking ownership is critical. We work hard all year round and shift work can be very demanding on our bodies and loved ones, so why do we do it? We do it because we’re passionate about our company and the people who choose to fly our iconic brand and we understand the important part we play in delivering a memorable customer experience.
As part of our airport operation you will work as baggage handler/ Ramp operator where you will load and unload all baggage on and off the aircraft. You will operate tugs and other equipment on a day to day basis within set occupational health and safety guidelines. You’ll also operate communication aids and computer equipment as required.
You’ll have –
- A current and valid provisional or full state or territory driver’s license
- Recent experience in a manual handling or physical role, working within a fast paced operational environment is preferred. It is a requirement that you can repetitively lift 32kgs.
- A passion for working safely at all times
- The ability to work all shifts in our dynamic 24 hour, 7 day a week, rotational shift roster (meaning shifts will vary from week to week)
- Phrases like “sure, I can do that” and “how may I help you” are a part of your everyday vocabulary
- Willingness to work in the baggage room and on the Ramp
If you have answered yes to the above, then we want you to register your interest.
You must be available to attend a 2 hour assessment centre if successful through the initial recruitment process.
The recruitment process will also require you to pass:
- Medical Check including health & fitness and Alcohol and Other Drugs test; and
- Security / Background Check including Federal Police Check.
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply.
If you’re ready to step into a culture that will challenge and excite you, submit an application and let’s explore how we go places together.