Ocean Import Costing Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Schenker Sydney
Schenker Sydney urgently required following position for Ocean Import Costing Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Ocean Import Costing Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Schenker Sydney Jobs Details:
DB Schenker is a globally integrated Transport and Logistics company providing international air and sea freight forwarding services together with national logistics solutions across Australia and the globe.
We are seeking a Ocean Import Costing Clerk to join our busy team.
This role is responsible for collating costs incurred, disbursements made and services rendered on an ocean freight import file and ensures that all are charge out against relevant files as per quotations and/or outlays
Accepts overseas and local charge invoices / bills and cost controls each file
Handle Import Ocean phone enquiry’s in a timely and efficient manner
Ensure the efficient operation of the Import Ocean Department Accurate data input for speedy and efficient document flow
Departmental/Operational key Responsibilities may include:
- Ocean Cargo Automation / Job Registrations
- Handling customer inquiries efficiently and effectively
- Dealing with Australian Customs re SCA / problem solving
- Adjust complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures to designated departments for action
- Collate costs incurred, disbursements made and services rendered on an ocean freight import file and ensures that all are charge out against relevant files as per quotations and/or outlays
- Accepts overseas and local charge invoices / bills and cost controls each file
- Ensure correct & smooth process flow and documentation is going through smoothly / swiftly
- Quality Check of Pre-alert documentation and follow- up of missing documentation
- Achieve Ocean Import KPI targets
- Complete all other duties as directed by your Supervisor / Manager
Competencies and Skills required:
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislations and authorities which impact on your area of responsibility
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Basic computer skills or use with MS Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of Procars an advantage
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with involving several concrete variables in standardised situations
- Previous experience in Ocean freight preferred but not essential
- Drivers Licence preferred, but not essential
- Experience in Hazardous Goods handling preferred, but not essential
- Six months to one year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.