Casual Teacher Carpentry Jobs Vacancy in Chisholm Institute Melbourne
Chisholm Institute Melbourne urgently required following position for Casual Teacher Carpentry. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Casual Teacher Carpentry Jobs Vacancy in Chisholm Institute Melbourne Jobs Details:
The teacher, Carpentry, provides professional teaching and vocational expertise, across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance to ensure excellent outcomes for learners, the organisations that employ them and the communities they serve.
This position focuses on excellence in learner support, teaching delivery and learning assessment, resource development and educational administration.
The incumbent is a key and active participant of the Construction & Building (CB) Business Area and works to promote educational excellence, business growth and student centred services for CB team.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Plan education practices and delivery sessions that reflect the most effective way to engage learners
- Ensure high quality and current resources, teaching materials and assessments are used in teaching and learning activities
- Enhance the student experience to improve engagement early on and assist learners to interact with their academic and social environment to prevent attrition and encourage success
- Engage with employers and industry representatives to ensure teaching materials and content meet industry and employer needs and are current
- Contribute to business development activities such as tenders and submissions to support business growth and the Institute’s fee for service goals
- Liaise with key stakeholders such as employers, schools and other education providers to explore pathway options for learners
- Ensure high quality, up to date and relevant teaching delivery, assessment and student engagement strategies to support learner success and contribute to the achievement of Chisholm shared goals
- Maintain professional development to ensure industry and educational currency and excellence
- Coordinate and liaise with our International partners delivering qualifications off-shore.
- Deliver teaching in dynamic environments to meet student time and demographic needs.
You will have relevant post-secondary qualifications in:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110)
- Vocational qualifications at AQF level relevant to the level of teaching required
- Vocational currency as demonstrated through a range of work and related experience
- Registration with relevant professional bodies as required for the teaching discipline
It is desirable if you also hold Diploma in VET Practice.
Crucial to your success will a strong understanding of contemporary approaches to education, teaching and learning. A proven track record in design and delivery of up to-date and engaging programs in conjunction with the ability to motivate and guide students to optimise their learning outcomes.
You will have the ability to quickly develop rapport with students and colleagues from a diverse background in a collaborative and innovative environment.
As well as have a firm understanding of educational administration tools and practices, for this role you will also need advanced building and construction skills and experience and an ability to implement and embrace new ideas and initiatives.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 9am Friday 29 June 2018.
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including:
- valid Employee Working With Children Check
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- certified copies of qualifications
The incumbent will be expected to travel between campuses and be prepared to relocate to any campus of the Institute as required by business need.
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Matt Baker, Senior Educator 1 on +613 9238 8508.
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.