Assistant Location Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Global Experiences Sydney
Global Experiences Sydney urgently required following position for Assistant Location Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Location Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Global Experiences Sydney Jobs Details:
Do you love planning and hosting events and meeting new people? Are you reliable, responsible and fun? Can you remain positive and professional in challenging situations? You have come to the right posting!
Global Experiences is seeking an Assistant Location Coordinator for our Sydney program location to provide orientation and support services for inbound students. The position reports directly to our on-site Sydney Program Director, and involves being a bridge in communication between the Sydney internship program and our team in the United States. The position is responsible for working with internship program participants on the ground in Sydney. This includes: helping to coordinate social activities and manage a budget; perform in-person site visits with students and supervisors; troubleshoot internship and housing problems throughout program; capture media to document program events; manage and post content to Facebook groups; provide resources and information on Sydney to students; constant communication with students, employers and partners. This is an opportunity for an individual that is already living in Sydney and is interested in working with American and other English speaking students. The ideal candidate is optimistic, intelligent, caring, fun and great at problem solving, and able to work independently while maintaining close ties with US HQ.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience managing student related services and support
- Experience living and working in Sydney
- Preference given to those with study, work, travel abroad experience
- Experience with North American students a plus
- Must have native or near native English skills
Personal Characteristics Required:
- Extremely organized
- A solution-focused YES, I CAN mentality
- High energy and self-motivated
- Excellent multitasking ability
- Welcoming, very outgoing, optimistic
- Very well presented
- Culturally sensitive and interested in other cultures
- Calm, effective communication skills
- Details and systems oriented
Specific Skills Required:
- Ability to learn on the job with a ‘figure it out’ mentality
- Ability to confront problems head on and present solutions
- Technical knowledge of basic Microsoft applications including Excel and PowerPoint
- Confidence working with online systems (Salesforce, Google Drive, etc.) and social networking systems
This position is seasonal, part-time, and approximately 10-15 hours per week. Must be willing to work flexible hours; some days are long and sometimes there is weekend or evening work. It is a seasonal position just for the winter (starting immediately through end of July) Please upload resume in PDF or Word form when submitting application. Thank you!
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
- Bachelor Degree
- Sydney NSW