Finance Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Department Justice And Regulation Geelong
Department Justice And Regulation Geelong urgently required following position for Finance Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Finance Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Department Justice And Regulation Geelong Jobs Details:
The Barwon South West Region (BSWR) provides justice services from Justice Service Centres in Geelong and Warrnambool, and through reporting centres in Colac, Hamilton and Portland. The region has a prison precinct that currently includes two prisons, the maximum security HM Prison Barwon and medium security Marngoneet Correctional Centre. In addition to the custodial services provided at our prisons, Regional Justice Service Centres provide Community Correctional Services, Sheriff's Operations, Offender Behaviour Programs, Consumer Affairs, Births Deaths and Marriages, Dispute Settlement Centre, and Regional Aboriginal Justice Advisory Committee.
The Corporate Services supports service delivery for the Barwon South West region of the Department of Justice. The role is required to provide service support and respond to the business needs for the region.
About the role
As the Finance Supervisor within the Corporate Services team, you will:
- help manage the day-to-day operations of the finance, stores and prison canteen teams
- actively participate in the Regions financial management compliance obligations
- provide authoritative and accurate advice to regional staff on key budget and financial management practices in compliance with operating procedures
- provide procurement services that are compliant with policies, procedures and guidelines
- develop detailed project scopes and methodology for under-taking comprehensive business process reviews
- identify, analyse and make considered recommendations to improve efficiencies in key business services areas within the regions.
Please note this position may require direct prisoner contact and may involve occasional weekend and public holiday work, remunerated in accordance with the applicable provision of the VPS Determination.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- demonstrated knowledge and understanding of financial management compliance practices
- exceptional computer skills with the ability to design electronic tools to gain efficiencies in processes, providing more accurate data and reducing duplication
- the ability to lead and provide support to the finance teams to ensure business requirements are met
- excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly define business goals.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button at the bottom of this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
Please note: When submitting your application online, there will be questions pertaining to a number of the position's Key Selection Criteria to which you are required to respond.