Managing Editor Australasia Jobs Vacancy in Taylor Francis Group
Taylor Francis Group urgently required following position for Managing Editor Australasia. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Managing Editor Australasia Jobs Vacancy in Taylor Francis Group Jobs Details:
Taylor & Francis is a leading academic publisher with offices worldwide. The company publishes more than 2,500 peer-reviewed academic journals globally, with an established and growing list of Australasian titles. We are seeking a well-organized and conscientious Managing Editor to join our Melbourne-based Editorial team in supporting our program of more than 100 journals edited from Australia and New Zealand.
Based in our offices off St Kilda Road in Melbourne, the position requires strong interpersonal and written communication skills, and sound competence with Microsoft Excel. Managing partnerships with our journal editors and societies, the successful applicant will have the capacity to represent Taylor & Francis at external meetings with editorial contacts, along with a good degree of flexibility and the ability to work with new databases, systems and processes. Whilst taking a team-oriented approach with colleagues, the candidate will also enjoy working autonomously as required. Some travel in Australia and New Zealand will be required.
The key responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of an assigned list of journals
- Building strong relationships with academic editors and learned society officers and be the primary point of contact
- Representing Routledge / Taylor & Francis at conferences across ANZ
- Ensuring that existing publishing contracts are renewed and that new contracts are drafted accurately and are in line with company goals
- Overseeing the financial well-being of a defined list of journals
- Realizing opportunities for organic growth
- Preparing financial projections and proposals under guidance from the Publisher
- Working seamlessly with colleagues in Marketing, Production and other departments
- Attend and present at editorial board meetings as required
- Preparing reports for the assigned list of journals as needed
- Supporting the acquisition of new titles and new society contracts under guidance from the Associate Editorial Director and Publisher
- Previous publishing experience is preferred for this position, ideally from a background in an academic journals or books editorial capacity
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess sound commercial awareness of the academic publishing market
- Have the ability to present and network effectively
This is a unique opportunity to make a strong contribution to the Australian office of a major international publisher.