Customs Classifier Jobs Vacancy in Schenker Melbourne
Schenker Melbourne urgently required following position for Customs Classifier. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Customs Classifier Jobs Vacancy in Schenker Melbourne Jobs Details:
DB Schenker is a globally integrated Transport and Logistics company providing international air and sea freight forwarding services together with national logistics solutions across Australia and the globe.
We are seeking a Customs Classifier to join our busy team.
- Classify all inbound air/sea shipments available from the workflow using the Import Tariff/ Customs Tariff Act 1995
- All unclassified parts to be classified using Expedient system; Provide/Create supplier codes, as required
- Liaise with customers to ensure prompt generation of technical based enquiries; Advise importers regarding potential tariff concessions and preferential duty rate
- Advise importers about possible Quarantine and/or Customs requirements and other requlatory issues, as required
- Audit parts from the database; Accurately update systems databases with appropriate information
- Other duties as directed.
- Complete understanding of Customs Tariff Sections and Chapters Notes
- An understanding of classification and quarantine requirements
- Strong Expedient and Excel knowledge
- Attention to detail to ensure correct classification
- Good written and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to set priorities
- 3-5 years of experience working with Customs Tariff
- Having completed or are currently attending Certificate 4 in Customs Brokerage