Director Anz Jobs Vacancy in Medtronic Sydney
Medtronic Sydney urgently required following position for Director Anz. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Anz Jobs Vacancy in Medtronic Sydney Jobs Details:
Careers that Change Lives
- Lead the local in country HR team, providing quality advice, guidance and coaching on all HR related matters
- Plan, develop and direct HR activities and policies for the organization and implement procedures to achieve the most effective use of human capital to achieve business goals
- Drive the organizations organizational capability by ensuring the right people in the right place at the right time
- As a member of the ANZ Executive Leadership Team, contribute to the strategic direction of the organization
- As a member of the Asia Pacific HR leadership team, contribute to the talent strategy beyond the boundaries of ANZ
- Ensure Medtronic compliance with all relevant state and federal employment related legislation; provide overarching human resource governance for the various Medtronic groups and functions represented in the market
- In partnership with the groups and functions provide country level execution & delivery of all talent management processes and effective solutions to the businesses, considering business requirements and relevant internal & external HR factors. Particular emphasis on Performance management, total rewards (including all aspects of remuneration, payroll, sales incentives), Organisation development, employee relations and resource management (manage the HR budget)
- Develop and implement strategies that ensure the attraction, retention and development of “best in class” employees
- Lead the local succession planning process and subsequent Individual Development Planning for high potential employees and Managers
- Ensure the organizations learning & development activities are planned to meet current and future organization and employee needs
- Contribute to the senior management Asia Pacific succession planning and development processes in partnership with the VP of HR
- Represent Medtronic in HRM communities, external associations and Industry Associations
- Continuously review and adapt as required all HR policies and procedures ensuring best practice
- Facilitate various organizational wide management activities such as strategic planning, organizational review
- Lead, maintain and enhance organizational culture that allows people to perform at the best of their abilities and the organization to achieve its Mission and objectives
- Provide support to the sales force by ensuring efficient and effective communication strategies are developed and implemented
- Working closely with the VP of ANZ and Business/Functional leaders to ensure the ongoing development of a “One Medtronic” culture that easily integrates acquisitions and new teams
- Manage the selection, training, coaching, performance and development of direct reports
- Ensure a safe working environment in accordance with the relevant Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) legislation & safety policies and take all reasonable care & actions are taken to ensure the health and safety of others
- Work within and actively promote Medtronic’s Mission, corporate strategies, policies, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Comply with Medtronic’s Finance and Legal policies and procedures, respond to both Internal and External Audit enquiries in a timely manner, and ensure follow-up on Action Items to address Audit recommendations
- High integrity, positive attitude and high standards of ethical behavior
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills. Able to communicate with ease at different levels of hierarchy
- Broad understanding of business practices and concepts and the relationship of same with HR strategies
- Highly developed people management skills - ability to lead, manage and motivate by example
- Action oriented and drive for results
- Maintains confidentiality
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, managerial courage
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and mediation skills. Adaptable, resilient, patient, determined
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic relationships and communicate concepts with key influencers
- Self-motivated, resilient and persistent
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with 7+ years of managerial experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with 7+ years of managerial experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline such as Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business, Psychology or Social Science
- Working knowledge of state and federal employment laws, sound knowledge of the industrial relations systems
- Sound working knowledge of OHS (Occupational Health & Safety) / Risk Management / Workers Compensation legislation and principles
- Sound working knowledge of EEO and anti-discrimination legislation and principles
- Computer literacy including sound knowledge of the MS Office suite of software
- Model Medtronic Leadership Expectations & Behaviours:
- Shape: Committed to being experts in what we do, with a clear vision of where we are going and the plan to get there - Thinks critically and makes sound decisions by engraining “patients, people and profits” as the way we prioritize & drive decision making
- Engage: Partner with others knowing that diverse talent, skills & perspectives lead to better outcomes – foster an environment of diversity, inclusion and engagement.
- Innovate: Bold thinker who creates new ideas and bring out best solutions forward to benefit out patients, and customers – generate breakthrough ideas by creating an environment that supports experimentation, and responsible risk taking
- Achieve: We do what we say we are going to do, delivering results with the highest standards – drive accountability, start by establishing your personal brand, for delivering results.
- At least two years working in a health related industry (medical devices, hospitals, pharmaceuticals etc)
- Experience working for a global organization
- Experience working in a matrix organizational structure
- Some interstate and overseas travel will be required
- Some out of hours work will be required
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.