Assistant Winemaker Jobs Vacancy in Blue Pyrenees Estate Avoca
Blue Pyrenees Estate Avoca urgently required following position for Assistant Winemaker. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Winemaker Jobs Vacancy in Blue Pyrenees Estate Avoca Jobs Details:
Situated 7km from Avoca in Western Victoria, Blue Pyrenees Estate's vineyards and production facility have been producing award winning red and white table wine as well as traditional method sparkling wine for over 50 years
This is a hands on role requiring the successful applicant to supervise the winery work program ensuring that all operations are completed within quality parameters and time lines while also being an active member of the cellar crew.
The position will involve the day to day maintenance of the winery records system as well as participation in the continuing improvement of standard operating procedures and formal OH&S activities.
Duties during the vintage period include the running of one (of two) shifts.
- Extensive practical experience in winery operations and procedures is a prerequisite.
- Some level of formal qualifications (or progress towards) are also essential.
- Degree level qualifications in winemaking will be highly regarded.
- Working knowledge of winemaking procedures and quality control systems
- Demonstrated competency in all routine winery operations and equipment.
- Knowledge of wine quality parameters and analysis
- Wine tasting and quality assessment experience
- Experience in supervising small groups of workers and working within a team environment (2 permanent Cellar Hands and up to 6-8 casuals during vintage)
- Ability to take responsibility for work group quality and productivity outcomes
- Good organizational skills with methodical work habits
- The ability to work safely within a winery environment
- Physically fit
- The ability to work extended hours and shifts during peak periods (vintage)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Current Fork Lift license
- Current Victorian Drivers license (or equivalent)
- Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency
- Mechanical aptitude and problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of OH&S systems and issues within the winery environment
- Experience with winery records systems (EzyWine used on site)
- Experience in basic winery lab analysis techniques
- Confined space certificate
- Experience in the production of traditional method sparkling wine.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.