Operations Supervisor Eastern Creek Jobs Vacancy in Schenker Sydney
Schenker Sydney urgently required following position for Operations Supervisor Eastern Creek. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Supervisor Eastern Creek Jobs Vacancy in Schenker Sydney Jobs Details:
DB Schenker is a globally integrated Transport and Logistics company providing international air and sea freight forwarding services together with national logistics solutions across Australia and the globe.
We are seeking a highly motivated Supervisor within our Logistics Operation(s) to work on our PM shift.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Direct, monitor and manage the activities of supervisors/team leaders in the management functions to extend individual skills and achieve overall objectives.
- Meet financial targets as set and agreed with the board of management.
- In accordance with Branch/Corporate policy, undertake to employ, develop and administer qualified staff to ensure a high standard of client satisfaction.
- Undertake department and staff performance reviews in accordance with Schenker commitments to its ISO 9002 accreditation.
- Ensure Schenker WH&S policy and procedures are implementedand maintained
- Ensure compliance with department and corporate operational procedure as laid down in Schenker procedures.Recommending appropriate changes to these procedures as required.
- Introduce and maintain day to day operations standards.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all contracted deliverable requirements for the accounts under his/her responsibility.
- Develop, implement, maintain and review specific procedures and protocols to ensure the security of customer inventory and property up to and including hand-over to contracted carriers.
- Monitor projects; assess potential problem areas and co-ordinate solutions with functional managers.
- Develop and implement strategies and activities to support existing and new products and services, to reduce costs and to increase profitable revenue.
Ideally you will have:
- 3-5 years experience in the Freight Forwarding/Logistics industry.
- Highly experienced in building and maintaining Customer Relationships.
- Equivalent combination of Education and experience
- Knowledge of logistics operations requirements.
- Specific Warehouse Management System skills.
- Computer Skills.
- Good awareness of and exposure to WH & S requirements
- Awareness of current logistics systems / materials handling equipment and providers.
Competencies and Skills required:
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Relationship management and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills, highly service orientated.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel etc)