Senior Chemist Jobs Vacancy in Queensland Government Brisbane
Queensland Government Brisbane urgently required following position for Senior Chemist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Chemist Jobs Vacancy in Queensland Government Brisbane Jobs Details:
Role Responsibility and Accountabilities
The purpose of this role is to contribute to the operations of the Racing Science Centre's chemistry laboratorythrough supervision of laboratory staff and resources for the delivery of analytical scientific services to the Queensland racing industry, conduct complex chemical analysis of racing industry samples, including screening, confirmation and reporting, of drugs and prohibited substances using advanced analytical instrumentation within a high throughput, quality assured laboratory
- Supervise laboratory staff and analytical workflows within the laboratory including provision of leadership, advice and training, undertaking analytical activities and report to the Manager Analytical Services Unit on laboratory outputs and sample analysis.
- Mentor laboratory staff and contribute to laboratory activities to ensure high level compliance and performance of the Analytical Services Unit's participation in the quality assurance activities covering all aspects of laboratory procedures and processes and fulfil the obligations of an Accredited Analyst in accordance with the Racing Act 2002.
- Undertake complex analytical activities for screening, confirming and reporting the presence of drugs and prohibited substances using, but not limited to, advanced techniques that include chromatography and mass spectrometry and maintain scientific instrumentation as an advanced operator.
- Comply with NATA/ISO 17025 and ILAC-G7 accreditation requirements including performing quality control procedures, preparation of analytical procedures, completion of relevant statistics and ensuring that the biological and legal integrity of samples and analytical data generated achieve forensic reporting requirements.
- Participate in and maintain awareness of Research and Development for drug and prohibited substance isolation, detection and data processing system developments, and the development of specialist testing and evaluation of new technologies relevant to racing.
- Implementation of new analytical applications and instrumentation and provide leadership to laboratory team members to facilitate the implementation of new or enhanced analytical practices within the laboratory.
- Actively participate in a team environment and contribute to a positive culture, where team members enjoy coming to work, and understand the contributions their role plays in the success of business outcomes.
- Report all non-compliance issues in accordance with QRIC requirements.
- Model the safety culture of QRIC by reporting all incidents and hazards and ensuring work is undertaken in the safest way possible, following all WHS legislation, policies/procedures and guidelines relevant to the job.
- Demonstrate ethical behaviour and integrity as required by the Public Sector Ethics Act 1994.
***APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO APPLY ONLINE – scroll down and click the ‘APPLY ONLINE' button***
Please note any documents attached to Smart Jobs should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please do not upload zipped files.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.