Lifestyle Support Workers Toowoomba Jobs Vacancy in The Salvation Army Darling Downs
The Salvation Army Darling Downs urgently required following position for Lifestyle Support Workers Toowoomba. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Lifestyle Support Workers Toowoomba Jobs Vacancy in The Salvation Army Darling Downs Jobs Details:
We currently have casual & permanent positions available for Lifestyle Workers.
- Casual & permanent positions available
- Based in Toowoomba
- An opportunity to make a Positive, Lasting difference in Someone's Life
The Salvation Army is one of this country’s most loved organisations. Our ‘Christianity with its sleeves rolled up’ ethos has endeared us to the Australian public. Each year we provide assistance to over one million Australians by offering practical and spiritual support through a diverse range of services to assist people to live their lives to their full potential.
SAILSS (Salvation Army Individual Lifestyle Support Service) provides support for people with intellectual and physical disabilities to live more meaningful lives. We are a non-government organisation, receiving government funding, working within the Qld Disability Services Act and the Human Services Quality Framework. We believe that each person should feel safe, secure and be free from abuse or neglect. We value honesty, transparency, authenticity, humility and are open to feedback.
About this Opportunity:
- Provide support which enables participants to enjoy a caring, healthy and stimulating environment and have the opportunity to experience fulfilled lives. There is some High Needs work required.
- Encourage participant participation & engagement as appropriate.
- Monitor the transportation of participants to and from external community access activities.
The Key Selection Criteria
- An appreciation of and the ability and willingness to promote and support the values and ethos of The Salvation Army.
- Certificate III in Disability or similar qualification and/or experience.
- Experience working in a community setting, particularly working with people with intellectual and physical disabilities, with an understanding of the issues they face.
- A high level ability to support, provide opportunities and make focused effort to encourage participants to engage with the community.
- A current First Aid Certificate & resuscitation certificate.
- Willingness to undergo a Criminal History Record Check.
- Willingness to obtain a Blue Card & Yellow Card (Disability Services Positive Notice Card).
- A willingness to work flexible hours to meet operational requirements, which includes night shifts & weekends.
- A teachable attitude.
- Sound administration skills.
- Be physically fit to undertake the inherent physical requirements of the role.
- A driver’s license is essential.
To apply please click the ‘Apply Now’ button to attach your resume, a cover letter & respond to a few questions about how your skills and experience align to this role.